What Legion?!?!?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, as you all knowive been desperately seeking for an army to play since my old one is back home (ulthwe ) And i have the chaos codex (which i might add is as easy to navigate as someones colon) but the one thing that is the hardest for me at this point is to pick emperors children, or not. Im having so much trouble with it i was thinking of making them a hell of a close combat army cuz mark of slaanesh is beets! and putting slim to no blastmasters/sonic blasters in there. So im asking bornin, or ne1 who plays a good chaos army to help me out, experience appreciated

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I don't play EC myself, but theu're listed as 'future project'. What I want to do is get maybe one small (6 dudes) squad for shooting (1 blastmaster, 5 sonic blasters), some Daemonettes, and the other squads for close combat. I'm thinking of 6 dudes in a rhino, champion with power weapon or lightning claws (something tasty) and 4 Chaos Hounds (to absorb casualties), and one of them armed with Blastmaster (to pin the enemy down) whilst the rest have pistols and close combat weapons. Some other things would be bikers (with sonic blasters ), maybe some termies (2 with blastmasters probably), and for heavy support... hmm I dunno actually, predator maybe, or Havocs with more blastmasters. For HQ I was planning to use the Archaon model for a Lord on a Daemonic Steed (as I think the guy looks pretty freakin cool), the other HQ slot hasn't been planned yet. I think a Possessed squad with Talons would be cool too, they'd mix nicely with Daemonettes.

I hope this helps you some!
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bornin&#39;s got it down. I&#39;d take a lot of blastmasters, cuz they pin down enemy units, and can serve as anti-tank or anti-infantry. Any aspiring champs you should arm with a doom siren, and take a few sonic blasters in your squad. Your lord/DP should take a Demon weapon, most preferably a lash of torment. Try and give your important people a chaos spawn or hounds, for some extra attacks in case they&#39;re assaulted. Also, take many demonettes, they&#39;re a killer close combat unit.
    If Knowledge is Power, then Genius is Tyranny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Well i&#39;ve been collecting Night Lords for 4 years now and i can tell you they kick ass. Of course any legion kicks ass, its just a matter of how you kick it.

You want close combat, where your guys rush across the battefield cleaving heads left and right? take Khorne.
    You want to strip the skin of your opponent while he&#39;s still alive, then dress yourself in it and do a little dance? take Slaanesh
    You want to chase your opponent away by using unfathomable knowledge manifested by gibbering horrors that spew warp fire at your enemies, incinerating them from within? take Tzeentch
    You want to lumber across the battlefield spraying pestilence around like it aint no thing, bringing down the most powerful of your enemies characters down with a simple sneeze? take Nurgle
    AND&#33;
    You want an army that can do whatever it wants, to whomever it wants, with whomever it wants, whenever it wants? take Undivided
    You notice the subtle difference in tactics? Its still the same outcome but slightly different way of getting that outcome.

Really think about what you are most likely to be doing with your army, and find the legion you think is most likely to support that choice. Also when you see a legion you like, learn as much about it as you can. Fluff knowledge about your selected legion is INVALUABLE&#33;
    So read the codex young one, and thou shalt find thine hearts desire. Wheater it be the harsh embrace of Khorne or Blissfull ecstasy of Slaanesh it all awaits you...within.

This is my basic intro into Chaos selection, just ask if something is still bugging you.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i think Tzeentch armies are the best. My regular opponent plays Tzeentch and he always takes at least two units of horrors. their two wounds often bogs down my best troops and take a few turns to get rid of.
    And the damn aspiring champion with doombolt and the mark of tzeentch. Then theres those thousand sons that move and rapid fire, although my opponent has never rolled worse than a five for their movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like slaanesh, but i just hate the color scheme, pink for god sakes, and i like fast armies, but i dont like the night lords color scheme. Im just lost i dunno, i have to paint to keep myself occupied, but i have to decide what legion

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slaanesh can be any color, just has to me bright and bold, not to mention garish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for a slaanesh army you dont have to use pink, just a couple of other bright colours. why not try painting their armour skin colour too look like flayed flesh, if done right would turn out to be very effective especially on the most close combat orientated units.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen&#33;

&quot;I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d do &#39;em in bright greens or blue, like enchanted blue with drybrushed ice blue for good measure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id include the blast masters and such just to keep in theme with the army

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast