Red Corsair Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Red Corsair Questions

Ok, I am working on a Red Corsairs army and want to add a squad of bikers, a bike HQ of some kind and a dreadnought who are all "new recruits." I will use SM models, but with plenty of defacing/minor chaotic additions to make them look like they were Space Marines not too long ago.

My main concern is with the HQ choice - one of the following -

Chaos Lord - 165
    Bike, Daemon Weapon, Meltabombs

or

Chaos Sorcerer - 165
    Bike, Winds of Chaos, Meltabombs

to go with this Bike Squad -

5 Bikers - 225
    AC w/ Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns

Primary function will be hunting down weaker fire support type units, either tanks or heavy weapon squads, which means I'm looking mostly for infantry killing power with the HQ.

Which do you think would be most effective and why?

Next up is the dreadnought. I want him to be 110 points (so this whole block will equal 500 points and I can switch it out for other blocks, etc). I am undecided as to what weaponry to give it. I want to go with a twin-linked heavy bolter and a heavy flamer, but I am not sure if that's something a Space Marine dreadnought would realistically have. After all, every one I've ever seen had an assault cannon. Note - my list is entirely mechanized except for the bikers, so I don't want any weapons that could potentially destroy my own vehicles if it goes berserk.

So second question - how should I equip the Chaos Dread?

Finally, considering all the above options - I need to figure out which chapter they defected from. I want a chapter with a color scheme that would look good with the black and red of the Red Corsairs, but still stand out a bit. Also, needs to be a chapter that uses bikes and dreadnoughts and if I use the Sorcerer HQ, then a chapter that's into Librarians as well. I know this can be "any chapter." But I am looking for better suggestions than that. The fluff will come later, once I figure out which HQ to go with. And you can see the overall, grand concept here - http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/%user_name%/-a.html

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

138 (x6)

well personaly id go for the chaos lord, if your going for mass infantry killings then you want quantity of attacks, the deamon weapon helps here, but if you had a sorcerer then his force weapon is going to go to waste as you want them to take out things that will most likely be one wound models.

second.

Marine dreads can have them, just because the books dont show it ofton doesnt mean its out there, the weapons the pics show are just the most common and GW ofton uses the same models in different books, so go for it.

and because of thr bike thing id say deffect them from White Scars, seems right to me, or possibly even space wolves (in the chaos dex there is a renegate chapter thats blatantly ex SW, they could have splintered from them)
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherAzriel View Post
    well personaly id go for the chaos lord, if your going for mass infantry killings then you want quantity of attacks, the deamon weapon helps here, but if you had a sorcerer then his force weapon is going to go to waste as you want them to take out things that will most likely be one wound models.
    Yeah. I believe that the main infantry killing power of that sorcerer would come from Winds of Chaos, but I think you're right. Lords are cooler than sorcerers any ways.

I've also thought about Dark Angels, just because I like the bike models... would that work, fluff wise?

+ Reply to Thread