Really Quiet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really Quiet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really Quiet

Is it just me or has the Chaos area and to a lesser extent the whole LO forum been quieter than usual at the moment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

It's been like this since I joined the forum, it's rather quiet and slow, but filled to the brim with nice people.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

While there were lots of complaints on the new Codex, perhaps its new simplicity lends itself to less technical questions on the forums?

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

yeah, probablythe new codex, it doesn't contain as much hidden secrets as the old one and is quite easier to understand, i noticed the same thing in the iron warriors forum i'm in, which really decreased i activity since the codex is out.

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

A lot of the questions have already been answered on this list, and the various FAQs are really quite complete...
    However, I bet that real life is just busy for people right now, and it will pick up in a bit in the near future.
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Plus, there isn't as much to explore. Army composition has been simplified and there aren't many new ideas being brought out that break and set molds or anything.

Off Topic Note - Before the codex I had toyed with the idea of the Chaos forum having an "Eye of Terror" Vote war to prove which legion was best, etc. Now I don't see how we could pull it off.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

There is a bright side to the simplifying of army construction - it may encourage people to actually paint more of their models instead of spending so much time designing army lists. I know its done that for me. Eh, probably not for others...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you on the army list front - I've actually done some painting instead of pondering over a dozen army lists, and I'm even contemplating my first conversion work (see World Eaters thread).

The new codex is so black and white that there'll definately be less technical questions, but one thing I've noticed from browsing some of the other army forums, is that the Tau and Guard forums seem to contain more tactical issues and tactic ideas than here or the Space Marines forum.

Does the simplifying of the codex lead to less tactical craftiness? Are there some new sneaky tactics anyone has discovered that other people might have missed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I think the new tactics we have to use are very basic, none of our craftiness lies in nifty wargear combinations and unit combos or configurations - it's now in how efficiently we use each and every unit. Though it does make us better players, I personally feel that the army strength is weaker overall. I feel we've been stripped a little bit too much, but I digress (sorry for whining) - the more simple the codex and combinations the less we'll have to talk about specifically pertaining to Chaos - it'd probably be in good interest for everyone to focus more on general army tactics.

I can certainly agree when it comes to having more time to paint. I do tend to get more painting done. Though as far as conversions, I feel more limited. Each of my champions has a Powerfist...that's it. It's hard to make them different I guess. With small wargear adjustments, you can get some direction, all in all it's not that different...but meh....
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread