World Eaters: Fluff question re Assualt packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Eaters: Fluff question re Assualt packs

Hey.

So, I recently picked up the new codex (as I may have mentioned I was finally going to), and wanted to put together a World Eaters list using my existing army, which I've done, and it looks nice and similar.

Whilst looking, I see you can have raptors with the Mark of Khorne, and I was thinking of trying my hand at converting some spare bezerker models I have to have either wings or jump packs to keep them looking like World Eater Bezerkers (some good poses in mind, like both feet extended whilst jumping onto a guardsman with the axe in his head etc). It seems like Khorne would approve of his maniacs getting to kill things faster than on foot!

But, I want to know if goes totally against World Eaters fluff. My only real knowledge is based on the Horus Heresy series and the odd little bit here and there, so I'd love to know if there'd be a reason why World Eaters wouldn't have jump packs (I'm sure Kharn and his lads had them pre-heresy). Or possibly why they couldn't have wings (I do love wings!), since the Greater Daemon of Khorne obviously does.

Any information/suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Fluffwise, you're fine. The only issue that you'd run into is that the legions didn't have many jump pack users prior to the heresy, which is why you only really see the Raptors with them. But you could go with the whole wing thing or such, stating that they have been granted wings "in their fervor to get into cc with the enemy faster" or something similar.

On the table, you'll have a WYSIWYG problem, but as long as your opponents are okay with it (and you're not in a GW tourney), you should be fine.

Tekore

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

I think it would look really great if you got a bunch of the wings from the possessed sprue and modeled them onto the berserker bodies. They would be very intimidating.
    You might want to get some imperial assault legs to mix into the models - it would keep them looking dynamic.
    The bunny ear helmets would also be in keeping with these models, in fact, I think they would look great!!

200th post. Booyah!
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Prior to the heresy, World Eaters readily made use of jet packs, so the fluff works just fine.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm going to go ahead and get round to starting soon.

I think I favour wings over jump packs just to make them stand out a little more, but aside from buying a load of possessed boxes, which will get expensive since I want 8 or10 of these, are there other good wings you can get? I'll have a look on the direct site in a minute.

Doesn't matter about WYSIWYG - I only play against mates at our houses, so it's cool.

Once I've modelled one I'm happy with I'll post a picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Personally, I'm planning on getting a box of Furies and using the wings off of them. With a bit of pinning and GS work it shouldn't be too hard to turn them into the possessed style winged backpacks (mind you, I haven't had time to actually go to the store and get them yet to even start, so I can't confirm how easy/hard it is). The wings are a bit smaller then the possessed ones I think, but should look about right on the model still.

A box gets you ten pairs of wings for much cheaper then 5 possessed boxes. As an added bonus, you end up with 10 generic lesser daemons.

You can also try bits ordering the possessed wings from somewhere like BattleWagon Bits, but form what I've seen they tend to go for $10-$15 each which is still fairly expensive for 10.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

+ Reply to Thread