Daemon Prince shooting with 2 psychic powers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince shooting with 2 psychic powers?

I have a question, can a Daemon Prince shoot 2 psychic powers a turn like a normal Monsturous Creature shooting weapons, but with Psychic powers?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a monstrous creature the Daemon Prince can fire (and this bit is important) 2 different weapons a turn, but not the same weapon twice.

So, if it has two shooty psychic powers (Note, only Tzeentch Daemon Prince's may select two powers) then it may fire each psychic power once per turn. It cannot use the same psychic power twice, because that would be the same as firing the same weapon twice.

Hope that helps,
    wb

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by windbourne View Post
    Being a monstrous creature the Daemon Prince can fire (and this bit is important) 2 different weapons a turn, but not the same weapon twice.

So, if it has two shooty psychic powers (Note, only Tzeentch Daemon Prince's may select two powers) then it may fire each psychic power once per turn. It cannot use the same psychic power twice, because that would be the same as firing the same weapon twice.

Hope that helps,
    wb
    Side: When using a familiar, non-Tzeentch daemon princes *can* obtain more than one psi power.

The rule you stated above is not the reason a Tzeentch prince can use two psi powers a turn, but rather, because it's stated in his profile (as an exception).

Quick rundown (paraphrased from my brother, Platypus):

"The Monstrous Creature rule states that you can fire 2 weapons per tun. Your assumption is that you can use 2 psychic power per turn so long as they both still follow the rules for shooting; however, this is not the case, because you are still limited by the BGB from only using one psychic power per turn.

Furthermore, the rule for psychic powers says that unless otherwise stated all psychic power follow the normal rules for shooting."
    Last edited by Rabbit; January 28th, 2008 at 22:39.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side: When using a familiar, non-Tzeentch daemon princes *can* obtain more than one psi power.
    I wasn't aware Daemon Prince's could take familiars in the new codex. Unfortunately my friends borrowed my codex for the week, so I can't check.

The rule you stated above is not the reason a Tzeentch prince can use two psi powers a turn, but rather, because it's stated in his profile (as an exception).
    I only meant to point out that the Tzeentch daemon prince is the only one capable of taking two psychic powers (unless of course you are right about princes taking familiars).

you are still limited by the BGB from only using one psychic power per turn
    I should have remembered that. Though after checking the BGB entry for psychic powers (pg.52) I don't actually see anything limiting you to using only one psychic power per turn. (though that is how my friends and I have always played it, especially with the existence of wargear like Ahrimans black staff) Is there another entry on psychic powers? Or am I missing something?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

I wasn't aware Daemon Prince's could take familiars in the new codex. Unfortunately my friends borrowed my codex for the week, so I can't check.
    You know, you're right. I was thinking of the sorcerer entry. Scratch that particular bit above 8Y
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

They can't. As Rabbit said.

I only meant to point out that the Tzeentch daemon prince is the only one capable of taking two psychic powers (unless of course you are right about princes taking familiars).
    Tzeentchian Sorcerors (but not Aspiring Sorcerors from TS units) can take more than one power, as it states in their entry that 'models with the Mark of Tzeentch may take one additional power.'

I should have remembered that. Though after checking the BGB entry for psychic powers (pg.52) I don't actually see anything limiting you to using only one psychic power per turn. (though that is how my friends and I have always played it, especially with the existence of wargear like Ahrimans black staff) Is there another entry on psychic powers? Or am I missing something?
    This one's actually in the Chaos Codex itself. 'A psyker may only attempt to use on psychic power per turn,' on page 88. Exception made for models with the MoT, with standard firing restrictions.

+ Reply to Thread