World Eaters Sorcerers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

World Eaters Sorcerers?

Is there such a thing? I've been tossing and turning and mulling over what kind of Chaos army I want now my marines are *almost* complete (just got 15 tanks and 300 troops to paint ;? ) And I really really want a Krazy Khorne Worldeater army with lots of troops and such like, but I want it fairly fluffy.
    I really really want a pair of Lash equipped Slaanesh sorcerers too. One with wings and one on a bike.

So my questions.
    1) Do world eaters have any sorcerers. I guess a big fat no.
    2) In order to field a sorcerer have I to create a DIY character and rename it Lash of Khorne and model a lash on to them
    3) Have I to have a dual warband - a large World Eater force with some Emperors Children allies? I'm going for 5000 points anyway, but I want to keep it as fluffy as possible.

Fluff is my quandry. Khorne and Slaanesh don't mix well in the fluff, Khorne and psykers in general don't mix. Fluff pretty much dictates that you don't get Emperors Children or World Eater armies as such, merely warbands (a squad or two) which latch on to another force.

I don't know what to do, and if I carry on not knowing what to do I'm going to end up painting them all Black Legion and being angry at myself. I ended up with 2000pts worth of Ultramarines that way.

Help me guys!

Ta

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my memory serves me correctly, anything with the Mark of Khorne may not use Psychic abilities, but then again I am still reading over the new Codex. I'll let you know after I read the section again.

I just flipped through the Codex and I cant find any wording that strictly prohibts Khorne Sorcerers. I must be missing something!
    Last edited by tanglethorn; January 29th, 2008 at 21:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing you can do for a "sorcerer of Khorne" would probably leave him chaos undivided and just give him warptime. anything else is a blatant abuse of khorne fluff IMHO
    Thousand Bows (SM)
    Tau 3-1
    Tyranids 1-0
    Eldar 0-1

Tau

SW 0-1

GK 1-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Come and gone are the days of Cultist armies. You used to not be able to field Khorne and Slanesh in the same army (minus having Abaddon, etc), but since Chaos got royally screwed in H2H with the new rules, I guess they felt our two best H2H armies needed to band together in order to be competative (sigh).

As far as rules go, Khorne may have Psychic powers now.

As far as fluff goes... I'm not sure. Khorne just wants the blood of his enemies splashed on his face, so what would the problem be of giving a Champion Warp-Time to make sure he got the job done right?

Maybe one day your Khorne Commander was fighting some Slaneshians over some Demonic Blade. The Slan Champ really gave the Khorne Commander a run for his money in so much that he was impressed his fighting skills were augmented by psychic powers. Although Khorne beat the snot out of him and then tortured him for information on how he managed to increase his abilities. With this knowledge, he learned that through mental concentration, his mind was awoken to a whole new level of combat prowress. Inamored by his decedance, the remaining Slaneshians decided to band with him as he combined the might of battle with the lust for blood. Khorne himself sees the commander continuing to fulfill his drive for skulls for his throne and blood for his drink, so he ignores that he employees slightly off colored ways in which to do so.

Even fluff wise you could come up with some nifty psychic ideas for Khorne only models; Boil Blood, Blood Burn, Unbridled Rage, etc.

Keep an open mind, many various ways you could go. It's not like much is set in stone with this game. And if your opponents are die hard against the idea, then maybe they need to lossen up a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Sorcerers do not exist when the World Eaters moved to worship Khorne in the heresy all of their Sorcerers were offered up to Khone.
    Khorne hates nothing more than those weak scheming hiding in the back ground Sorcerers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I personally don't think that Khorne would allow psykers of any kind. To cite an example, in a certain book concerning Chaos marines -

1.) Rival Chaos Warband attacks Chaos Fortress using Sorcerers to back them up
    2.) Chaos Fortress has an imprisoned Greater Daemon of Khorne to defend against Psykers
    3.) Thanks to some certain interlopers Greater Daemon is released
    4.) When Greater Daemon gets free, and is about to kill Chaos Lord in charge of the Fortress he's been stuck in for thousands of years, Chaos Lord points to psykers outside breaking down the wall
    5.) Greater Daemon proceeds to lay waste to attacking army outside....
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff wise, the World Eaters and Khorne absolutely hate psykers and would seek to kill them all, which would mean you couldn't take them. But, since GW is going 'meh, who cares about fluff and ten thousand year old marines when you can instead use PIRATES!? Argh!!', it means you can take Sorcerors with Lash if you want to, but a number of people will look down on you (older players, fluff masters) or at least be irritated.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

Crisis averted I think. I think I have struck Fluff Gold with the Warriors of Aggannor, a chaos warband of all different legions mixed together, so I can very justifiably field a ream of zerkers next some shouty noise marines. Throw in some Iron Warriors, Black Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers et all and I have a varied coloured chaos army which is actually real and won't look like I couldn't decide on one army so painted my CSM in every legion.

There is enough out there for it to be 'real', whilst empty enough to create my own fluff. Marvellous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

Awesome, I was going to suggest the same type of thing- World Eaters themselves wouldn't have Sorcerors, yet if they were apart of a larger warband, then they have to follow orders eh? No choice who they fight with, their superiors have higher patronage status than them

Seems you hit the nail on the head ;Y

I'm still yet to try out the "Challenge of Khorne" power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x3)

One thing you may be able to help me with... In the chaos dex colour section there is a picture of a Daemon Prince, Word Bearers and Raptors above the heading 'Lord Aggannor amasses a chaos warband' or similar, but there is no picture of Aggannor himself, unless Aggannor is the Daemon Prince.
    Wiki and such like say he is a Chaos Lord, but the only HQ the pic shows is the DP...so have I to use a DP or a Lord to represent Aggannor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast