Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi, Ive just started my new building a Undivided Chaos to play in my groups Cities of Death Campaign, and I was hoping I could get some army buidling advice specifically about cities of death and small points (it's an escaltion league,from 500 - 2000 pts).
I have had read the LO Chaos Tactica, as well as snippets of info from here and there, so i have a general grounding, but:
1) would spawn do better in CoD with the abundant cover saves, not being slowed down (more) by terrain, and possible sewer rats strategem?
2) It seems Daemon bombing is quite the tricky hing to do, but i was going to take a unit 8 bt i'm not sure if it's a good idea.
3) are non-god-specific sorcerers worth their points, or is better just to go Lord/prince
4) I was thinking of modifying the Karmoon special with combi-flamers for CoD, good idea?
I am doing an army of the (dark angels) Fallen, which is why there will be no marks other than undivided, so i have some quick hobby-type questions too:
1) are they black or Dark Green? I can't get a straight answer from anyone!
2) I'm modelling raptors to be just fallen assault marines, using the Chaos / DA Plastics. do you guys think the current plastic jumpback (plus spikes etc) would be right or go with the fuglier but more appropriate old school turbofans packs?
3) whats peoples of FW Landraider kits, particularly the armour kits (not just the doors)
4) anyone in Sydney wanna trade DA / Chaos bitz ;Y
Thanks for any and all replies
Only one answer
Fallen DAs are black. All DAs used to be black, but after heresy loyalists changed their basic color to DA green.
This youtube video is good review of pre-heresy colors ;Y 1:40.
Space Marines: Traitors & Loyalists Of The Horus Heresy
... try Czech language ;-)
1) They'd be better, but that's not saying much. You could try em out, abundant terrain might help, but they're pretty expensive for what they do.
2)I wouldn't encourage 'daemon bombing' in the traditional sense (racing up with small squads of bikers and summoning daemons). The bikers will fall off their bikes and die. Daemon summoning in general is fine in normal scenarios, and should be fine in CoD, especially with the larger role HtH will play.
3) Prince > Sorceror > Lord. Take a winged prince if you can, he's a monstrous creature so won't have as much trouble flying through difficult terrain, iirc. He works with any mark, or no mark at all. He is the best at fighting for his points. The sorceror is also decent, and warptime would greatly improve his combat capabilities. Lord is the worst, if only because everything gets done better by the the 2 chaos HQ entries.
4) Sounds like fun, go for it.:happy:
Unfortunately i can't help you with the DA bit.
-> 2) the problem I see with new daemon summoning is when i don't have an Icon on the board (say if it's sewer ratting) and the unit just dies, which may hapen a lot in small games. Or if the unit shows up before i'm even halfway towards the enemy. ith old summoning, units were held back until needed, which made things a lot safer
-> 3) I'm shying away from using a Prince because it doesn't really fit the fluff. A lord could be Cypher, while DA are famed for being very Librarian a.k.a. sorcerer heavy. unless Cypher became a prince (don't think he'd deserve wings though)