Chosen??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chosen???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chosen???

I have some extra zerkers and possessed arms, so I was thinking of modelling a squad of chosen khorne. They would have bolt pistols in one hand and the possessed cc arms in the other, then give them the MoK. It would be a squad size of 8 with anywhere from 2-4 specials as I haven't decided on how many yet. I don't have much experience with them so was wondering if this would even be a good idea. How does everyone else play thier chosen, if at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Four special weapons, while certainly a boon of fire power, can at times be a bit much. If using meltas, then two will suffice; if plasmas, then you must worry about losing models from 'gets hot' rolls prior to engaging in c.c.. If you're strictly wanting a fire base, then 4-5 plasmas in a 8-10 man squad is quite effective; however, with the IoK, which obliges them towards c.c., you're best to equip the unit with either a pair of plamsas or meltas.

Here's the configuration that has shown the most promise so far in my play testing:

Chaos Chosen
    *8x chosen with IoK
    **2x plasma (or melta, depending on your need)
    *1x a.c. with power fist

The squad fills a number of important roles, from c.c. to ranged support. The IoK provides them with ample attacks, even when they're charged. Plus, chosen naturally gives your army superior tactical deployment.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

8-10xChosen, 1 of them being an AC
    - Icon of Khorne
    - 4 PFists, one being on an AC
    - 1 Melta for fun

Even if there's no infiltration / good place to infiltrate, these guys are going to get into combat if you take a lash prince / sorceror. And that's a lot of PFist attacks (17 on the charge). Pretty much kill whatever you touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    8-10xChosen, 1 of them being an AC
    - Icon of Khorne
    - 4 PFists, one being on an AC
    - 1 Melta for fun
    That's quite a squad. 2 Meltas, 2 fists and one pair of lightning claws would be a better route, if you want to go that way, in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread