Apocalypse Demons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Apocalypse Demons

So I recently picked up the Forge World books containing the two Greater Demons for Slaneesh and Khorne (are there others in other books?). I must say these two are fairly narly, albiet at a rather high point cost. And I can certainly see the potential devestation they can put out; but paper application and practical application are two different things.

I'm going into a 18k Apoc battle this Thur (there will be picks in the report section) and bringing 3k pts of Chaos. I've decided to field An'ggrath and I was wondering if others have used him and what might be the best place for him. Anti tank? Anti Gargantuan creature? Anti infantry? Just trying to come up with some ideas and hear some stories if any.

And sadly no... I do not have the actual model. The price tag on Forge World is nasty and I'm considering custom biulding him, but we'll see.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

There is a new updated set of rules for the three greater daemons they have released called imperial armour apcoolypse. THis contains all the updated rules for use in apocolypse.

From what ive seen I would use him to counter other large creatures and vehicles along with uber units that would mess up your battle plans.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    There is a new updated set of rules for the three greater daemons they have released called imperial armour apcoolypse. THis contains all the updated rules for use in apocolypse.
    Oh sweet merciful crap... Init 5 for Slannesh?? What did they dooooo?! NOOOOOOO! They really tweaked her stat line in the wrong way... lame.

However, Scabeiathrax is one nasty Demon Lord. With his Blade of Decay rule, I'm not sure if he might be the better choice over An'ggrath. Would that cover the stomp attack they get? (Sweet potato corn if that's accurate!!)

Do I dare take both? Hmm....
    You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used An'ggrath in a 8k pt game, and he basically wiped the floor(yes, we had to play on a floor) with black templars. He will more than earn his points back and your opponent's will hate you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Oh sweet merciful crap... Init 5 for Slannesh?? What did they dooooo?! NOOOOOOO! They really tweaked her stat line in the wrong way... lame.

However, Scabeiathrax is one nasty Demon Lord. With his Blade of Decay rule, I'm not sure if he might be the better choice over An'ggrath. Would that cover the stomp attack they get? (Sweet potato corn if that's accurate!!)

Do I dare take both? Hmm....
    They made a mistake with Zarakynl, her stat line is wrong, its been updatedin the following FAQ:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/iaapocqanda.pdf
    Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread