Chaos 4-way battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Chaos 4-way battle

I cant remember where, im sure it was a white dwarf article, that had a fight between the 4 chaos powers for some kind of idol in the middle. Was really spectacular and they used some special rules about certain armies "hating" each other, tzeentch and khorne for example, and a lot of other special rules. If anyone can point me in the right direction or knows off-hand some of the more general details about how it was played, id love some information.

I've seen a couple of the sites that have searchable white dwarf article lists, but i could not find it in there, and it may have been in another magazine or on the GW site, who knows, but i couldnt find it =P.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

The thing is that the gods doesnt hate eachother. They each have one great enemy.

Tzeentch hates Nurgle.
    Nurgle hates Slaanesh.
    Slaanesh hates Khorne.
    Khorne hates Tzeentch.

The reasons for this is, somewhat simplified, that:
    Tzeentch represents change, and Nurgle represents the ultimate end (death). When everythin is dead and destroyed there can be no change because everything has ended.

Nurgle represents the ultimate end of everything. Through sickness and fear of death he increases his power. There can be no pleasure in that as if people felt pleasure throuh his creations it would undermine his essence.

Slaanesh represent pleasure, The Warroirs code is that of sacrifice and discipline, the opposite of the pleasures of leisure. Without war there is more time for "other things". Make unholy and depraved love, not War.

Khorne is the Warrior and despise cowardly magic.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

ive read differently, and your post didnt really have anything to do with mine. Regardless of the actual lore (white dwarf had a 4-way battle with white scar marines, black templars, chaos, and eldar, in which black templars fought white scars a good bit), white dwarf had an article with a 4-way chaos battle. The article had special rules for using "hate" , giving certain powers hate versus other powers, rules for deployment and using greater demons without having to summon them or something, and a lot of other special rules. So even if you think the gods only hate one other god of chaos, this article ignored that and developed its rules for just this one battle.

You can also look in the new codex i believe and find a couple instances where they list multiple foci of hate for single powers aka nurgle fighting with tzeentch and slannesh, slannesh fighting with khorne and nurgle, etc. The forces of chaos are all about power, and they dont have any alliances that stretch across a god's entire force(aka all of slannesh's followers do not get along with all of another god's forces, there may be personal alliances between chaos lords, or daemon princes).
    Last edited by paregoric_HAL; March 3rd, 2008 at 10:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually it's more like this:

Khorne hates Slaanesh but tolerates Nurgle and Tzeentch
    Slaanesh hates Khorne but tolerates Nurgle and Tzeentch
    Nurgle hates Tzeentch but tolerates Khorne and Slaanesh
    Tzeentch hates Nurgle but tolerates Khorne and Slaanesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are indeed right on that, nuclearfeet. Although IMO, Mr_Wayne's way of reasoning makes sense too.

And HAL, I am sorry, but I do not have any information about the White Dwarf article your are looking for. I would be interested in seeing it myself, however!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Back on the site and I figured I put this to rest finally. I found the article. white dwarf 246, page 58-59. It has these really cool rules for special daemon-specific totems that give each player that plays the different power a special bonus. I don't know the limit of what I'm really allowed to post from a WD mag so I'm not going to post anything like that. If you want to know more you can PM me though. Note: They had a WHFB entry with rules and a war40k entry with rules , both playing a 1v1v1v1 battle with all players taking control of one of the major chaos powers(aka no silly malal).

This magazine also has a really cool section about the evolution of eldar armor from the first days of the "eldar pirates" to the craftworlds. I really miss when white dwarf had articles that I cared about. This particular mag is a perfect example of what white dwarf should be and I was more than happy to pay the subscription fee for it.
    Last edited by paregoric_HAL; June 7th, 2009 at 12:14.

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Wayne View Post
    Slaanesh represent pleasure... Make unholy and depraved love, not War.
    Not true! Slaanesh does not dislike war and violence, Slaanesh simply views them as being different forms of pleasure (it is possible to delight in killing someone/something).

I think the main reason why Khorne and Slaanesh don't see eye to eye is because Khorne is more about pain and suffering, it's not the pleasure you get from killing someone/something that matters, it's the act of inflicting pain and suffering that matters.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Eh, no one wanted to stay on topic back then, I guess it should be expected that no one does now either.

Hopefully, despite the derailment attempts, some people are now able to find this really incredible article/magazine and play this really fun scenario despite the long time it took for me to find the right magazine. Part of the reason it took so @#$% long is that I was looking in the battle report sections when the article is smack dab in the middle...that...and a near death experience followed by months of recovery.
    Last edited by paregoric_HAL; June 7th, 2009 at 12:20.

+ Reply to Thread