Librarium Online Forums banner

Daemon Prince's Wings?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Eisenstein 
#1 ·
Anyone got any good ideas on what can be used to physically represent the Daemon Prince's Wings? Any good modeling tips for his wings?

#2 ·
I used the wings from bel'akor (I think thats his name) that have the skulls on chains hooked into them. They turned out pretty good, but positioning them can be a problem. I had to drill holes in the shoulders where the little backpack exuast ports normally go to insiert the wing pegs, then anchor them with some super epoxy to make them solid.

#3 ·
Depending on the size of your Daemon Prince, you could use the Carrion wings from the Tomb Kings range. There's the wings from that Dark Elf chick who rides on a Dark Pegasus, but I'm not too sure of their quality- Morathi, that's her name. There's also Bel'akor's wings, Bloodthirster wings, Dragon wings, Chaos Dragon wings, and (if you're looking for something different) Lord of Change wings. All I can think of at the moment.

#5 ·
I made him a jump pack (he's a young daemon prince, so he doesn't have real wings.) from pvc tubes and 2 lamp part of the spot light on IG vehicles and a shielding plate from the flail thing in the defiler kit. Looks real nice.

#6 ·
You could also try the wings in the Possessed chaos marines box.

I haven't tried them/test the sizes but I guess it could work. I'm guessing he will look like the catapilar/butterfly on "A Bugs Life" (I think thats what it was called, maybe it was "Ants Life")

#7 ·
THe most common is the use the ålastic dragon wings, they have a great fit and are great sizewise.

The possessed's wings and other of equal size are far to small.

The greater daemonwings are also nice in size but require cuite a lot more work to fit.

There's a thread by...nothwest? something here on LO in which he builds his own jump pack, it's very inspirational. I'll try to find it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.