3000 points of Chaos Lords? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 points of Chaos Lords?

Hi all, Im thinking of making a whole army of Chaos Lords as a cheap way of gathering an Apocalypse size army. I am going to use a bunch of space marines and Chaos Warriors to create them. Has any one tryed something like this before? If so what models did you use to make them. Also what god should I dedicate them to? Khorne would be able to dish out a huge amount of attacks, but Slannesh would mean I could kill whole units at a time before they could even strike. What do you think about this? I will post the list and pictures of the first ones soon.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Could you not dedicate them all to different gods? There are also a few problems with this strategy.

You will not be able to hold objectives, this is a BIG thing in apocolypse.
    You will lack anti tank, unless you take tzeentch sorcerors with Bolt of Change, and even then you are only damaging armour 14 on a 6+.
    You will be massacred by massed infantry, you will just purely not get enough attacks.

Although, it will look pretty cool on the table, and if its just for a fun army. Try combinations of chaos marine boxed sets, space marine boxed sets, possessed sprues and the like to make totally unique models.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Your gonna loose every apoc battle with such a list, not only that but you'll also have no way of dealing with heavy armour or super heavies at long range which will quickly decimate your army.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

I can see using several extra character models to bolster your existing army, but I think an army of Lords is kind of pushing it. Not tactically or fluffily sound. You'd be better off with an armored column- some of them like the Vindicator can combine to create devastating effects from datasheets, and (for now) vehicles can score. Lords can't score (except with the ladies, and that's mostly the Slaaneshi ones).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Daemon Princes with Mark of Nurgle and Wings? Made from Ogers, Greenstuff and Wings from varoius sprues. Still cheap and can get up the field quikly. Taking in lots of fire power and can kill tanks with its high STR. About 25 of these in 3000 points. What do you think?

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

An army of Daemon Princes might be better. The Daemon Prince with Wings is fast, good in combat, good against tanks, can hold objectives, and has access to a range of useful psychic powers to give him some value at range.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I'm sort of doing this myself--four "Dragon Princes" for Apocalypse fights--but an entire army of them, I'm not sure. Kind of a one-trick pony and DPs aren't quite the juggernauts that Wraithlords and Carnifexes are. Your Princes will die slowly but consistently to most average (MEQ-quality) attacks and I think you just won't have the model count to really pull it off. Still, you get what you pay for and it would be a cheap Apoc army.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

I think this would be much more beneficial and practical. Sorcerers provide the destructive fire power and the terminators can mow down anything thinking of assaulting with their ap 3 combi's. Add Abbadon with a retinue of termie goodness and your golden.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht View Post
    I think this would be much more beneficial and practical. Sorcerers provide the destructive fire power and the terminators can mow down anything thinking of assaulting with their ap 3 combi's. Add Abbadon with a retinue of termie goodness and your golden.
    Off topic - Holy poop! Have you seen the stats and costs of the 1K sons terminators?!? That is insanity!

ON topic - An army of lord should only be used for fluff. Our lords aren't really that good anymore. In all honesty, I only take one because I have to.
    You'll be bogged down by basic troops. Even with blissgiver or whatever daemon weapon, my money is going to be on a squad with a hidden powerfist.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I would definately suggest just collecting a normal army. Start off with a 1000 points list and work up. IMHO chaos HQs arent as cost effective as there troop choices. Stick with chaos marines and your on a winner.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast