Nurgle Count As - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nurgle Count As

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    152 (x2)

Nurgle Count As Cult Marines

Ok, Ive heard PMs work well with both Berzerkers and Rubric Marines, so I devised this "count as" yet fluffy solution. Any criticisms and comments are welcomed, but please don't do the whole "TS are teh roxxors nothing nurgle has could ever amount to them!!1!"

Anyways, here they are:

Berzerkers - Nurglified marines with very little armor (using marauder bits for bare arms, chest, etc). Chem tanks on their back pumping a sort of "rage virus" (think 28 days later) into their helmets/re-breathers/neck(gotta have at least one with bleeding mouth as a 28 days reference). Boils over bare parts, some popped and oozing blood.

Rubric - Heavily armored, reanimated skeletons. Extra armor added with gs or plasticard, and with holes into and through armor to see skeletal body, as well as skulls for heads with glowing green eyes. To represent the AP3 bolter, a chem tank (like a chem barrel) with a hose attached to a flamer, melta, what have you, for the "not your average bolter" look.

The leading unit would of course be the Aspiring Necromancer (see my cultist and sorcerer threads in painting and modeling respectively) with his shiny force scythe and "bolt of rot"

I havent heard of Slaanesh being use with nurgle to great effect, but if it is Id like to know, however hard it would be to find a fluffy reason for nurgle units to go faster...

tl;dr - Nurgle Count as units for Berzerker and Rubric Marines. Is this awesome? Y/N

Last edited by captianhowdy; April 24th, 2008 at 08:16.
    What does Slaanesh use to fish?
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Yes! Great idea! I am in the process of doing the same thing (in a way) except everyone has a 'disease' that affects them, khorne marines have a fungus that has spikey heads for the extra attack , and my slaanesh marines have a parasite on their faces that enhances their speed.

I really like your idea on Tzeentch and I understand the Nurgle going faster bit, I just have a parasite make them quick not actually themselves. Get pictures up soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Ill have the pics up as soon as possible, but I have to sell a good bit of my guys I have now for the money for them, so Ill have to wait a bit. Plus a ton of gd to convert all of this, so it may be a while.

A side questions though, how do all the rest of the cult marines do with pms? atm I plan on having my 3 pm squads, 2 berzerker squads, and 1 rubric squad. Ill probably make more than nessissry for fun, but thats the layout I plan. And would it be worth loosing a berzerker squad to add in some noise marines converts?

EDIT: Thinking more on it, I figured out a better way to model EC count as troops. Well a more fluffy way, Im a fluff nut. Keeping with the parasite idea, the parasite feeds on the body fat and stored energy of the CSM its attached to. To get more food, it speeds up the metabolism of the marine. Its saliva also has a drug like effect, heightening his senses.

This would account for the higher initiative, but the parasites leaching off the marine leave them thin and wasting. Not enough to be damaging or too harmful, just mostly cosmetic, seeing as how these parasites would kill a normal person.

You could model this easily by simply cutting the torso apart below the chest part and making a stretched out, wasted stomach with parasites hanging off and bones poking out, ribs at the top and hip bone slightly at the bottom.
    Last edited by captianhowdy; April 24th, 2008 at 08:16.
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by captianhowdy View Post
    I havent heard of Slaanesh being use with nurgle to great effect, but if it is Id like to know, however hard it would be to find a fluffy reason for nurgle units to go faster...
    Well, in the previous edition they didnt go faster, if the enemy targetted them the enemy got a -1I penalty. So you could do somthing like that again, think a massive cloud of flies or something. It would be hard to model a cloud of flies so perhaps lots of tiny balls of greenstuff over sections of the armour painted shiney black for flies and/or a big bees style nest on there backpacks.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Hmm, I suppose saying rather that thier faster, their scary/disgusting enough to make enemies "slower". Then agian though, even my standard pms are pretty gross, so it would be hard to kick it up even higher
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

In the current SM codex Librarians can take a familiar that adds one to their I. The idea is that the familiar heightens the librarians senses through their shared psychic connection as well as distracts enemies when they come near. This same principle could be added to the idea of PM noise marines. Some sort of sentient pestilent fog following them around could be one idea.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

152 (x2)

Ooooo I like that idea, a swarm of insects that surrounds the Pm and will warn him telepathically of any threat
    Demo-nets!
    Haha, wow thats khorney

+ Reply to Thread