Daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Daemonhunters

  1. #1
    Member Demon Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Daemonhunters

    So I play a pure Grey Knights force, and was just wondering what you guys think about them? Are you worried when you go up against them? Or is it just like facing any other army?

    EDIT: I know I'm really looking forward to playing against Chaos Daemons, if only for the fluffy reasons. I know for sure I'll be running at the least three Mystics with Coteaz's retinue. Oh yeah, and I finally get to use him to bash some daemon skulls.

    Last edited by Demon Eyes; May 19th, 2008 at 18:53.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    16 (x1)

    Well i myself would not be afraid of going up agianst a DH army. For one, they have a limited amount of psycannons. all of which would not be able to knock us out in one turn. Since we are able to deep strike, we are able to get very close so we do not have to run across the field to get into close combat (our specialty) And a pure DH army does not have enough shots to be to much of a threat.

    In close combat it depends on which god you are using. If its neesh, then striking first with rending will truely screw them over. Power weapons will too with korhn but you will be striking at the same time. Tzeench might be nice with the breahte of choas ignoring armor saves but you will only have one chance before being put into CC. Nurgle is just to slow in my opinion. though they do have a some things that would be nice.

    In my opinion, a DH army is just to small to take on a horde of choas army.

  4. #3
    Member Demon Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wakkawakka View Post
    Well i myself would not be afraid of going up agianst a DH army. For one, they have a limited amount of psycannons. all of which would not be able to knock us out in one turn. Since we are able to deep strike, we are able to get very close so we do not have to run across the field to get into close combat (our specialty) And a pure DH army does not have enough shots to be to much of a threat.

    In close combat it depends on which god you are using. If its neesh, then striking first with rending will truely screw them over. Power weapons will too with korhn but you will be striking at the same time. Tzeench might be nice with the breahte of choas ignoring armor saves but you will only have one chance before being put into CC. Nurgle is just to slow in my opinion. though they do have a some things that would be nice.

    In my opinion, a DH army is just to small to take on a horde of choas army.
    Well I wouldn't call it a limited number of of Psycannons. In my 2000 points I'm running 8 Psycannons (24 shots AP3 no Invul save, some I reroll misses because of my Sages) and 6 Incinerators (S5 Ap4 no invul or cover save). Also, with the Mystics, I get free shots at any squad that deepstrikes within 4d6 of them. But yes, the rending is what really puts a thorn in the side of my army. My Terminators just get taken out like they're Guardsmen.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

  5. #4
    Too Sexy For My Whirlwind Sabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edmonton,AB
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

    um...Wakka Wakka...

    Most DH players try to get Sacred Incences spread around, that would cut your Initiative bonus down and actually really screw any daemon that isn't I5+. Also, the whole "has to roll as if moving through difficult terrain when assaulting" (AKA: Rites of exorcism) thing is gonna kill a few charges, hence setting up any non-khorne daemon units to be incinerator-ed.

    Lastly any inquisitor worth his salt is gonna have a whole array of gizmo's thats gonna make daemon lives hell, and a grey knight army can field up to 5 of them, though they'll probably want termies too. But like Demon Eyes, said, the mystics/rites of exorcism combo will mean many daemon units will get 2+ shooting phases laid on to them, which will make life hard for many daemons. And really with Grimoire of true names and Destroy Daemon floating around the characters won't be too tough to bring down either. Not to mention Sanctuary for units holding objectives.

    Though there is one little thing....Technically the daemons mentioned under the "Daemonic Infestation" rule don't exists anymore (re: Daemon Packs and Daemonic Beast packs) BUT...nurglings still do and they are still in there. It would seem to me that Nurglings will still benefit from Sustained Assault.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

  6. #5
    Member Demon Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabe View Post
    um...Wakka Wakka...

    Most DH players try to get Sacred Incences spread around, that would cut your Initiative bonus down and actually really screw any daemon that isn't I5+. Also, the whole "has to roll as if moving through difficult terrain when assaulting" (AKA: Rites of exorcism) thing is gonna kill a few charges, hence setting up any non-khorne daemon units to be incinerator-ed.

    Lastly any inquisitor worth his salt is gonna have a whole array of gizmo's thats gonna make daemon lives hell, and a grey knight army can field up to 5 of them, though they'll probably want termies too. But like Demon Eyes, said, the mystics/rites of exorcism combo will mean many daemon units will get 2+ shooting phases laid on to them, which will make life hard for many daemons. And really with Grimoire of true names and Destroy Daemon floating around the characters won't be too tough to bring down either. Not to mention Sanctuary for units holding objectives.

    Though there is one little thing....Technically the daemons mentioned under the "Daemonic Infestation" rule don't exists anymore (re: Daemon Packs and Daemonic Beast packs) BUT...nurglings still do and they are still in there. It would seem to me that Nurglings will still benefit from Sustained Assault.
    Yessir, Nurglings still get Sustained Assault.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

  7. #6
    I hate Ultramarines RobtheGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

    I'd actually laugh as Skulltaker eats you alive and then my 3 DP's wipe out entire squads with breath of chaos

  8. #7
    Member Demon Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    I'd actually laugh as Skulltaker eats you alive and then my 3 DP's wipe out entire squads with breath of chaos
    So are we talking about a friendly list, a fluffy list, or a list tooled to be a pain to play against? Because I can tool my Grey Knights to ridiculously hard to beat. Just have to run them with my inducted Imperial Guard and take lots of templates or high strength low AP units. Needless to say, people don't like it when I use that list.

    EDIT: Also, not sure but Skulltaker is a special character right? Dunno if hes as easy to kill as Abadon, but if you fail a Psychology test after taking a wound consider him good as dead
    Last edited by Demon Eyes; May 20th, 2008 at 02:27.
    Grey Knights
    5 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss

  9. #8
    Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

    Skulltaker is much, much easier to kill than Abaddon, but he's also half of Abaddon's points. He can also deal a lot more damage with his 4+ instant kill rending, which will be powerful even in 5th.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

  10. #9
    Herald of Chaos Tyrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tooele, Utah, United States
    Age
    33
    Posts
    834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

    The thing is: Daemonhunters who spend the points for all the anti demon abilities will only happen in casual games anyway. NOOONE pays for them now. So if yes you wanna buy all the anti demon upgrades they are a force for demons to reckon with. Witout daemonhunters are just expensive marines who get some shots that take away our invulnerable saves for 1 turn.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

  11. #10
    I hate Ultramarines RobtheGuru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    So are we talking about a friendly list, a fluffy list, or a list tooled to be a pain to play against? Because I can tool my Grey Knights to ridiculously hard to beat. Just have to run them with my inducted Imperial Guard and take lots of templates or high strength low AP units. Needless to say, people don't like it when I use that list.

    EDIT: Also, not sure but Skulltaker is a special character right? Dunno if hes as easy to kill as Abadon, but if you fail a Psychology test after taking a wound consider him good as dead
    Take all the templates you want, you still wont dent my unit of 8 Bloodcrushers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts