Best Mono-God army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Most effective "Mono-God" army?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nurgle

14 14.00%
  • Slaanesh

27 27.00%
  • Khorne

26 26.00%
  • Tzeentch

33 33.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Mono-God army?

Hey guys, just wanted to see what you guys were thinking about the mono-god armies and which ones you think are most effective. I feel that it comes down to Tzeentch and Slaanesh for best overall gameplay effectiveness, and in the end I feel that Slaanesh is probably the best. I like their speed with the fleet rule, rending, and cost effectiveness the most, and I think it outweighs the survivability and shooting capabilities of Tzeentch. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Depends what you come up against. If they are against each other, sadly, however much it pains to say Slaanesh would win (also a Keeper of Secrets would beat a Bloodthirster which is a contradiction considering they said in the Bloodthirster unit entry it was unmatched in combat). But it's against the other armies of 40k the other gods come into play.

Khorne

-Pretty much everything although will struggle against masses of Orks and fast armies like Eldar

Nurgle

Hard to think of anything because of S'n'P but i'd think:

-Gun lines

Tzeentch

-Anything not in power armour should die horribly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle aren't too bad, Nurglings can out number and tie up the enemy whilst the big monsters close in, add epidemus and you'll have a rock hard force in a few turns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch - well rounded with a good unit choice in every slot.
    screamers for popping tanks
    flamers for AP3 or AP2 troops
    Fateweaver and pink horrors make a great team
    Blue scribe is very useful
    Even the daemon prince is worth taking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its between Khorne and Slaanesh, personally. With Slaanesh on top for now.

Now don't get all riled up, I don't think Tzeentch and Nurgle are bad, far from it. It's just that those two armies don't contain a wide enough variety to truly field an effective mono-list. With Tzeentch you lack any kind of CC ability while at the same time being short ranged. Horrors have Shoota range, so you're not going to be able to sit back and launch salvos like a normal Shooty army could. Tzeentch units are excellent at supporting firepower (which is what they're meant for) but they're not good at being the core of a list.

Nurgle units lack offensive punch. They'e great units for holding Icons or sitting on an objective or being an anvil, but in a mono-list they lack a way to put out real damage. Sure, you've got Epidemus you can throw in there, but you actually have to kill 10-15 models before your guys start to shine. And even then, Nurgle units have a startlingly low base number of attacks.

In the end, I think that because of the heavy weight 40K puts on CC only Khorne or Slaanesh could field a decent mono-list. Khorne would suffer primarily from difficulty killing vehicles (MCs still need 4+/6+ to hit moving vehicles after all) and Slaanesh would suffer mostly from low toughness and dying like flies.

Also, I wrote this under the assumption that we're not discussing non-aligned things like the Soul Grinder or Furies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

I have to go with khorne...just for the simple fact I like the god...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I would agree with Meish, if you are going mono-god it's probably because you like the god!

To answer your question though, for me it's close between Nurgle and Tzeench, as they can make the best of their vulnerable first turn. Khorne and in particular Slaanesh can quite easiy be gunned down by bolters after deepstriking.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Pavane + Soul Grinder battle cannon, backup up by fast rending troops.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurglings... 'nuff said. I've tied up enough stuff with them in recent games to make those little 13 point squishies my favorite unit in the army! I have literally used a 78 point 6 base squad to tie up a 200+ point Carnifex for 5 turns and I only lost 2 bases. The whole time I was wishing I was running an Epidemius centered Nurgle army.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Carnifexes are pretty bad in CC no matter what their load-out is. You can keep on locked up for an entire game with 80 pts of spineguants without much trouble.

A CC flyrant, on the other hand... Now thats an accomplishment (and you probably could do that, too).
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast