horrors of tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

horrors of tzeentch

im so pumped up about the chaos deamons8X
    but unfortunatly the codex still didnt come out were i live
    and i realy want to start playin with my horrors now so would anyone mind to explain to me the stats, wargear and special rules of the horrors plz?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Hi there Mr Jester.

It is indeed unfortunate that you can't get the codex where you are at the moment.

Sadly, GW's codex are protected by copyright, and thus we will get into a lot of trouble for giving you the rules.

Because of this, it is strictly prohibited on LO to ask for, or give rules out.

As a result, no one will be able to give you the rules specifically. I'd advice taking a look at the GW website and looking at their summary sheets, if they have any.

Either way, no harm done, and I shall keep the thread open in case anyone can help you with Horror Tactics.

Of course, if anyone else asks for/gives rules, then I'll have to get all cactus like on them.

^_^
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im so sorry about this i didnt now that til now.
    it won't happen again sir 0:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by deathjesterDJ View Post
    im so sorry about this i didnt now that til now.
    it won't happen again sir 0:
    No worries.

Like I said, it's shame you don't have your codex, and I can appreciate your eagerness.

So, I'd like to call the rest of the community to contribute with ideas for how to use Horrors so at least Mr. Jester has something to gain from this thread.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always try to include a small squad of horrors just for the fun of having the changeling about. Nothing better than watching their lascannon devestator squad chew into his terminator squad

Probably not very helpful tactically (its a long shot) but hell its fun!
    Last edited by Azure Fade; May 23rd, 2008 at 14:52.
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked up the codex the other week, so I can plan out running a 750 point Khorne Daemon army alongside 1250 World Eaters army (only play with mates at our house, and we all agree it's cool to do as long as you run a FOC for each obviously..). And after having a snifter through, I'd like to do something similar for Tzeentch/Thousand Sons.

Which kind of brings me to horrors....

They look excellent value to me. Cheap as hell, good weapon against anything but MEQ's, and a typically good Tzeentch'ian save. I'd guess if you're running a multi-god list, having them in your second wave and taking advantage of a chaos icon, you can get them right where you want them in a good shooting lane towards something like say, oo, genestealers?

The Changeling looks a cool upgrade for the points too.

Hope you get a codex soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Not overly impressed to be honest. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with Horrors, it's just that (IMO, of course) the other troop choices are much better, with their rending or power weapons, or the red wine stain that is nurglings.
    That, and I don't really like the models, thought the original pink and blue horrors were much better.

The changeling is great unit though, and makes you want to take horrors, but the downside is the targets you want to stand around confused are likely to have at least a decent LD so have a good chance of resisting it.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say that the other troop choices are much better in all situations, for instance none of the other troop choices have anything resembling a ranged weapon! Charging isn't always the solution (usually I'll admit!), horde armies can easily be shot to pieces by horrors (I think, looks that way on paper at least!).

And the changeling, at such a bargain price, you can hardly say no.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    And the changeling, at such a bargain price, you can hardly say no.
    though I cannot say I'm realy impressed by his rules though...
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrors in 40k are good "drop and shoot" models but nothing special. I'm partial to the Bloodletters and Daemonettes personally and I LOVE Nurglings. Now a good sized pack of horrors in FB, on the otherhand, can be a real problem for your opponent! So even if you decide not to use them in 40k, grab the FB Daemon Army book and play the awesomeness that is Tzeentch in FB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast