just a simple question... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a simple question...

hey guys,
    ive just played with my thousand sons army for the first time (wich was one of the funest games ive played) and while playing there was this guy who was playing chaos deamons, so when saw those horrors being played i just had to have them in my 1k sons army. and they would fit in the tzeentch theme.
    so i asked some of the guys there if i could get them with their special rules in my 1k sons army. some said yes some said no. i just want to know if i can field horrors from deamons of chaos in my chaos army?

p.s i didnt know if i should have put this thread in the deamons place or the chaos place but i thought it best suited here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Basically, no you can't.

You can use horror models as generic lesser daemons in a 1k Sons army but thats about it. In the future (1-3 years) they may bring out legion specific chaos lists for the 1k sons, death guard etc and maybe these will alow you to use true daemons in your list but there will probably be mono god restrictions to do this.

In the mean time.... apocalypse games allow you to mix and match anything you want as long as you come up with some background to support their use. Matching Chaos Daemons with Thousand Sons seems one of the easier background reasons to come up with.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Am I alone?

Am I alone in thinking that it makes sense to keep all of the lovely demonic gribbliness separate from the demons that come pre-packed with chaos space marines. I feel a little lonely over here in the camp of "GW did a good thing..."

The generic demons are awesome because they are totally derestricted. You can take anything you want and turn it into a demon. With the specific demons of each god you are stuck with the models...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

No I agree.

CSM lists would be far too powerful if you could use true Daemonettes or bloodletters along with the reliable, tough and versatile CSMs. Remember generic daemons can assault on the turn they arrive but Chaos Daemon codex models cannot.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I am also on the negative side in the debate whether or not true daemonic rules should be used by Lesser daemons in CSM lists.

The main reason for this is... *drumroll*... fluff! The second reason for this is that a CSM force with lesser daemons using true daemonic rules would be greatly overpowered. Mmmm... I would so want a real Bloodthirster along with my 2 Khornate Lords. In that army some Bloodletters would come in handy supported by 3 AT preds.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I think GW did the right thing.

It would be very hard to do daemons justice whilst trying to balance them with marines.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Think about this for a second:

A 10 man strong unit of Possessed Chaos Space Marines cost 260 pts. That MIGHT give the unit P-weapon attacks, if you're lucky. They have 2 attacks each and can be given an Icon of Khorne for a total squad cost of 290 pts. Also, they take up an Elites-slot.

A 10 man strong unit of Bloodletters cost 160 pts. They entire unit HAVE p-weapons attacks. They have all 3 attacks each AND Furious Charge USR. And they are Troops choices (not that it matters as they don't occupy slots).

Yes, the Possessed can use Rhinos, but in 5th Daemons can run. And neither can assault after disembarking or running, so that doesnt matter.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that it makes sense to keep all of the lovely demonic gribbliness separate from the demons that come pre-packed with chaos space marines. I feel a little lonely over here in the camp of "GW did a good thing..."

The generic demons are awesome because they are totally derestricted. You can take anything you want and turn it into a demon. With the specific demons of each god you are stuck with the models...
    I'm with you. I was a little miffed at the no allies thing, but overall I thought it was a good choice.

My only grip is that Daemons were totally separate. I really wanted some rules for Chaos cultists in the book

+ Reply to Thread