cost effective nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cost effective nurgle

Hi folks-

I have fairly large word bearer and black legion armies, and I'm going to spin off a deathguard army because I LOVE the look and performance of my plaguemarines on the table.

The demon prince with wings/MoN/warptime is reasonably efficient, and I can just "nurgle up" a defiler (or other vehicles) and not have to spend points on a MoN so these are not a problem.

I'm a little less enthusiastic about some of the other unit options due to the high cost of the mark of nurgle. Terminators, bikers and raptors require fairly large units to make the mark of nurgle cost-effective, but these units usually are best left smaller for tactical reasons. How are people fielding these units, and with what success?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a great fan of nurgle chosen, again a large squad but since you can have upto 5 special weapons in the squad you need the bullet catchers.. And the nurgle mark keeps them in there that much longer, alowing the rest of your forces to get there without taking so much heat.
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Nurgle raptors at 10 strong with double melta and power fist hits at 310 pts but it's really effective if you can support it right.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

marines are pretty resilent as is, but with MoN, that can take even more damage. You definately want to invest in some plague marines. Feel no Pain has helped me many a time> I have literally marched Plague marines in an open field, being shot at by tau, and assaulted them, and the only casulty i suffered was when the Plasma gun on one of the PM exploded. Plague marines are worth their points and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently did a list up that added helped make nurgle cheaper...in a way. In a 1500pt game IMO i will only get two squads of plague marines, but i try to increase the numbers by giving both of them personal icons to summon two groups of chaos daemons for a cheap 91 points each and they work as a cheap meat shield.

Hopes this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

I field Nurgle Terminators in my death guard army, 5 of them, and even with the prohibitive cost of the icon, they are nearly invincible. And singe I play undivided terminators and tzeentch terminators, I'm able to do the comparaison. In close combat, they are the best. Hard to wound, hard to kill.

Recommend it !
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MindRaked View Post
    I field Nurgle Terminators in my death guard army, 5 of them, and even with the prohibitive cost of the icon, they are nearly invincible. And singe I play undivided terminators and tzeentch terminators, I'm able to do the comparaison. In close combat, they are the best. Hard to wound, hard to kill.

Recommend it !
    Death Guard armies typically make excellent use of terminators. Without wanting to hark back too much, it was the best place to use terminators in the old codex.

I like Serbi's ideas about Nurgle raptors too. I've found raptors can really make the enemy uncomfortable when you learn how to attack where it hurts.

Add to that mix increased toughness, and suddenely the enemy is forced to put more resources into holding back the raptors or risking them breaking through.

I'd even say a squad of 8 can be a massive pain to get rid off. Toughness and Speed is an unusual combination for 40K, so you can really add an element of mixup to your game.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread