Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking For The Followers Of The Lord Of Change

811 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Chaplain_Blackord 
#1 ·
hey!
ive just started a tzeentch army:
1 chaos sorcerer
1 squad of thousand sons(perfect number)

any ideas what i should get next, or how i should equip them?
except another thousanf sons squad :p
-CB

#2 ·
i am told that rhino's are absolutely essential for getting your 1k sons around without being blown away by fire as they slowly cross the battlefield, so a few squads more in rhinos should be a great start

#3 ·
Personally I would take some flamers as the other troops choice. Doombolt with no psychic test is good, plus some screamers to fly over your 'rubric plodders' and then hide behind again. :p

However it really depends what tactics you like to use and using tanks with coruscating flames is good against armies that like to destroy their tanks up close and personal.

#5 ·
*yawns* Yes, rhinos are very essential, and Flamers are quite powerful too, but don't get them into CC unless your trying to hold an objective or something.

I personally like to tool up my lords for CC and give them Gift of Chaos. One time i turned a grandmaster into a spawn! (yes i rolled a 6 for the Aegis test!!!!!) Give the Champions Wind of Chaos (marines and stuff) or Doombolt (Eldar, Orks, Tyranids, etc.) depending what army you are playing. That about sums it up, i might add more later...

#6 ·
Some more additions now that i'm awake...

Thrall wizards are a good idea if you have leftover points you don't know what to spend on. Also don't forget to give the champions a power fist, daemonic mutation and an extra CCW.

#8 ·
Well, i have alot of experience with Thousand Sons to be exact. I dont really like to make a Tzeentchian chaos army, thats just a halfway TS army.

Well, first things first.
Thousand Sons have alot of things going for them, 2 wounds alot of rapid fire, magic and alot of other stuff. But we have alot of other things not going our way, things like always moving i difficult terrain.

Thousand Sons can be quite effective at medium range(up to 24") with TS and Flamers(deamons). Although we cant have heavy or special weapons so we have a problem dealing with vehicles at longer ranges. This we must make up for with heavy support. I myself use 1 predator, 1 dread and 1 defiler(in a 1700 force).

Dont be afraid to go into CC either. Sure, our TS marines cant do anything but giving the AC the right equipment he can kill alot.
8 TS marines + sorceror + wind of chaos, power fist, CCW, 1 thrall + mutation + rhino = alot of dead enemies. Move up, place 2 flamer templates(no save) and then charge(depending if you use TVR or not).

I myself have 3 units of TS in a 1700 pts army, but only 1 rhino. I like to have alot of marines and deamons on foot shooting back. Together with flamers, alot of thralls and Bolt of change i can kill alot of things. But only if i get within 24". Outside of that i have to depend on my heavy support to do the job.

Thralls are an absolute must. Always take alot of them.

Screamers havent done much for me, they die easily by bolterfire and must always retreat after CC. That can be good and bad. Well, i really dont like them. They are cheap though(pts, not money wise).

#9 ·
Originally posted by Relativity@May 17 2004, 17:58
Well, i have alot of experience with Thousand Sons to be exact. I dont really like to make a Tzeentchian chaos army, thats just a halfway TS army.

Well, first things first.
Thousand Sons have alot of things going for them, 2 wounds alot of rapid fire, magic and alot of other stuff. But we have alot of other things not going our way, things like always moving i difficult terrain.

Thousand Sons can be quite effective at medium range(up to 24") with TS and Flamers(deamons). Although we cant have heavy or special weapons so we have a problem dealing with vehicles at longer ranges. This we must make up for with heavy support. I myself use 1 predator, 1 dread and 1 defiler(in a 1700 force).

Dont be afraid to go into CC either. Sure, our TS marines cant do anything but giving the AC the right equipment he can kill alot.
8 TS marines + sorceror + wind of chaos, power fist, CCW, 1 thrall + mutation + rhino = alot of dead enemies. Move up, place 2 flamer templates(no save) and then charge(depending if you use TVR or not).

I myself have 3 units of TS in a 1700 pts army, but only 1 rhino. I like to have alot of marines and deamons on foot shooting back. Together with flamers, alot of thralls and Bolt of change i can kill alot of things. But only if i get within 24". Outside of that i have to depend on my heavy support to do the job.

Thralls are an absolute must. Always take alot of them.

Screamers havent done much for me, they die easily by bolterfire and must always retreat after CC. That can be good and bad. Well, i really dont like them. They are cheap though(pts, not money wise).
whoa...thats what i call "help"
thx man...this stuff is amazing, i never thought id get this much help from pplz.
especialy in the imperial forums...no one comes close to you guyz, thx again!
-CB :D

#11 ·
well its like i said, all i have for now is a thousan sons squad and a sorcerer.
so for now i have no list, but as soon as i get a second troop choice ill build one up and send it here to be rated(which might be in december the latest)
also, relativity, do you have msn or aim?
maybe we could chat sometime,
-CB

#12 ·
Originally posted by Chaplain_Blackord@May 19 2004, 05:48
well its like i said, all i have for now is a thousan sons squad and a sorcerer.
so for now i have no list, but as soon as i get a second troop choice ill build one up and send it here to be rated(which might be in december the latest)
also, relativity, do you have msn or aim?
maybe we could chat sometime,
-CB
:blink: In December? Thats like 6 months away!

#14 ·
Ok, december. THe one thing i can tell you is that my 1700 pts force cost me about 250 dollars. It will take you quite awhile to finish that force.

The thing i have learned about TS is that this army isnt very good for low point games(under 1500). Ok, 1000 pts games works, but dont expect to be competetive against a shooty army. You will get blown away.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Relativity@May 20 2004, 03:31
Ok, december. THe one thing i can tell you is that my 1700 pts force cost me about 250 dollars. It will take you quite awhile to finish that force.

The thing i have learned about TS is that this army isnt very good for low point games(under 1500). Ok, 1000 pts games works, but dont expect to be competetive against a shooty army. You will get blown away.
ok so i should focus on building up a 1,500 pts force?
lets go with 1,700(cdn tourny)
so what would you suggest i get and what should i equip?
-CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.