Enemy Army Tactica Maybe? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enemy Army Tactica Maybe?

I'm new to Chaos, and W40K in general. Some of the folks on here have a lot of good information about all the various armies out there, and I think some of us newer players could use that information. So I was wondering if anybody wanted to start working on an Enemy Army Tactica for us Chaos players. Just maybe some tips for against all the other armies, or whatever anyone could come up with would be greatly appreciated. Any takers?

Okay these are a good start. I will keep compiling all the information into the top of this post, and then maybe we can make it into a permanent piece of Chaos knowledge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~Fighting Ork Tactica~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by danis2005

Ok, let me start.I've had some battles with the Orks, and now i know what they dislike:
    1.They hate AP4 weapons, that means havoc squads with HB or AC are a must take against the green skins (or take predators if you're running a Mech army)
    2.Missile launchers, frag missiles realy work!(5th ediction True LoS helps alot)
    3.Don't try just to shoot them out, when those beasts come in to CC with you and you have no supporting units in CC then you're dead.Take some Berzerkers or Plague Marines, they can keep those guys in close combat until your shooters get in to a better possition.
    4.Don't need lots of AT weapons, all you need is autocannons and some ML, that can take out mos of the Ork vehicles.

Well, that's all i know against Orks.And another thing: Never, NEVER let' them charge you, unless you're ready to throw about 15 armor saves.
    Submitted by Mind Raked
    First of all, I'd like to stat that I play Orks and Chaos (and Tau and IG too) so I begin to have a good understanding of these armies. Also, I've played some games in 5th edition (experimental rules) so I'll try to take it into account for the following guide to Green Skinning.

First of all, you have to understand that there are some variety of orkish armies.

Speed Freak

These are the most common ork bads to this day. They rely on speed and mecanisation in order to get close up and personnal as soon as possible. You might expect the game to go like this : Move forward on the first turn with many trukks, buggies, bikes and deff kopta, maybe some stormboyz too. On the second turn, everything move again, maybe waggh and then assault.

Quite previsible, not at all subtile. What you need to do against those speed maniacs is to shoot all the transports first.
    In priority order for the first turn : 1- The trukks, 2- the bikes, 3- the looted waggons 4- the battle waggons 5- the orks.
    In priority order for the second turn : 1- The burna boyz, 2- the other orks

Many units will go below 10 models and will start to flee, just take care of the remains of the army and the job is done.

Best units to accomplish this :

Any csm units will do, some obliterators / lascannons will be needed to deal with the battle waggons.

Green Tide

Second most common ork army. They go for the gang feeling. Units are fielded as 20-30 boyz with 3 big weapons and a Power Klaw nob, all on foots. Some units will be fielded in battlewaggons (up to 20 models). You will usualy also find lootas and burnas, nob squads and some kans with 2 Warphead (shamans) as HQ. This is a shoot fest. Here my first advice is to deploy in a single corner. The main difficulty with these armies is that as long as orks units are above 10 models, they are fearless (mob rule) so you can't have them flee in fear. And they come in number : 30 orks cost only 180 points. Deploying in a corner will allow you to concentrate your fire on the oncoming units and will have some units be deployed too far away to reach you in time. Heavy bolters, missile launchers and autocannons come in handy. Defilers and vindicators can be good too, as long as you don't expose them to the lootas. Just shoot... And be sure to be the one assaulting or you will will understand why this player bought 2 boxes of dices. And also, beware of kommandos, especialy in 5th edition (flamers ??). Also, the warphead can have them waggh on the first turn and several times a game, so take this into account.

Most experienced ork players will have all it's boys wield some manner of gun or nail throwing pipe. With 30 boyz that gets 3 attacks each on charge, and the oppotunity to shoot a lot a 18", there is no need for close combat weaponry.

This is the hardest ork army to get rid of for chaos.

Some sonic blasters tooled noise marines, many CSM, pie plate guns, heavy bolters, sh** load of bolters, do your best.

Stompas

This army cost a lot of money so you won't see it much often. Still some players are still frantic enough to field one. It consist of 2 Deff Dread, 9 Killa Kans, some squads of meganobs, many lootas and some shoota boyz and 2 big mek. This is the easiest one to deal with for chaos. Some autocannons, some lascannons, some plasma guns, some melta, some bolters, some power fists and it's a done deal. In fifth edition, this list is bound to see some more action, still it won't be so much more. Still, the shock attack guns are devastating.

Balanced list (my kind)

You'll see some trukks, some battle waggons / looted waggons filled with tankbustas and burnas, some buggies, 1 or 2 foot slugging hordes, a big mekk with a shock attack gun, a Big Boss or a warphead, 1 or 2 units of lootas, some burnas, many boyz geared toward close combat, maybe some bikes and 1 deff dread. These lists are good and very polyvalent. You have to expect anything from you opponent as he can as easily assault you quickly or outmanoeuver you. This is not a simple strait army, it's a strategic one. In fifth edition, hope to be the last one to deploy so you will be able to take advantage of every single obstacle and cover. But your main concern is to well establish your priorities. If you fear an onward quick assault, deal with the transports and buggies first. If you feel like you will be overkilled by the shootas and lootas, deal with those as fast as possible. But beware of the burna boyz, they are tolled to kill marines.

---------------

Now, here as some general advices that are sometime obvious, but always usefull.

1- Power weapons are nearly useless against orks for their armours are weaks.
    2- The same goes for terminators.
    3- Defilers are excellent for their range and efficiency and the autocannon is good to kill trukks.
    4- Assault first, prevent some losses.
    5- More than 10 orks is a crowd, less than 5 is a joke.
    6- Beware of the Shock Attack Guns.
    7- Beware of battle wagons with a deff rolla sticked on the front side. They can ram your tanks and get through.
    8- Trukk move fast and they don't blow up conventionnaly, so be aware that you might be surprised.
    9- Most vehicles and walkers can be killed with bolters, but don't count on this to deal with them or you will find yourself overwhelmed by green skins. This is especialy true in 5th edition.
    10- Deploy and move carefully.
    11- Daemons are a viable option.

Thousand Sons and Dead Guard players will quickly find themselves overwhelmed by numbers and should always deploy in a single corners, behind cover. World Eaters players will find it hard, but still feasible. Slannesh players will have a lot of fun, and so will undivided ones.

~Fighting Space Marine Tactica~
    Submitted by Serbi

Heavy Tank Marines: My opponent normally fields 3 dreads (one ven in there) and 1-2 preds and at least 1 vind. along with an assault squad.

His tactics: Use the massive fire power of the 3 assault cannons to mow down troops, and use the vind/AT pred(s) to take out tanks, assault squad sneaks around buildings to get a safe assault.

My tactics: I typically run a lash against him, so I force him to get in the open somewhere with his assault troops (and kill them via plas cannon and/or deny him the charge) then take out his dreds in CC via power fist. Another key point is to attempt to deny shooting lines for some of his army with terrain if possible.

MVP units vs this style of marine:
    6 chosen with 3 plasmas
    6 chosen with 3 meltas

Nearly useless units:
    Chaos Spawn
    Possessed

Most other choices just do their job and don't really shine or fail vs this style of marine.
    ~Fighting Dark Eldar Tactica~
    Submitted by Serbi

Dark Eldar - warp in: My opponent normally fields a savage CC squad in a raider and then a mixture of Wyches and warriors with a dark lance or two. about half of this comes in from a warp-thingy he places on turn one with a HQ choice.

His tactics: Have a couple throw away squads to make sure that the rest of his army hits the table and gets to get into CC as soon as they can. (normally the turn they come in due to open topped skimmers).

My tactics: Use as much long range firepower as possible and split my deployment so he can't massacure into another squad and has to spend at LEAST one turn getting to a new side of the board to get into CC again. Also, stay as far back from his webway portals as possible.

MVP units vs this style of deldar:
    Dakka pred
    Vind (if lucky)
    Nurgles

Nearly useless units:
    Thousand sons (they have 5+ armor saves)
    Chaos Spawn
    Possessed

Oblits vs this style of Deldar are risky due to the high amnt of str 8 weapons they use. (instant killing the oblits) Also, they aren't very effective due to the lack of good armor saves and lack of high armor. (11 AV open topped skimmers aren't exactly hard to crack)
    ~Fighting Tyranids Tactica~
    Submitted by The Doctor

Swarm Army
    - Always have Protection. I find Rhinos are essential for your Infantry when fighting Swarms. It gives them added mobility, and provides them with a "safe" place to wait out all those attacks. That leads to my second point.
    - Do whatever you can to get the charge. You'll be facing a lot of bodies, which means a lot of attacks. Anything you can do to minimize the number of attacks is crucial. Even if it means you DON'T charge because you are in cover, which means you can kill some off before they get to attack you (Though if you have the higher I score, by all means, charge out of cover).
    - Shoot. Also, shoot. Then, shoot some more. We all know that Bugs aren't going to win any marksman contests. Least of all the ones you'll find in a Swarm. Don't be afraid to sit back and shoot at the oncoming wave. Little Bugs are very fragile, and thinning out their numbers before the inevitable CC is key (in case I haven't stressed that enough). Take template weapons, and weapons with high shot counts.
    - Don't forget the big ones. More than likely, you'll still have to face a Hive Tyrant, and maybe a low cost Carnifex (Unless your opponent is using the Broodlord. Then, ignore this). Make sure you still have something to pack a punch. Keep this unit well guarded until it's time comes, then wail on the big one with everything you have.
    Chaos Marines have one of lowest Infantry counts in the game. Of course, they're also some of the baddest Mamma-Jamma's too. Thin out the swarm and cut the rest down. If you play Khorne, you'll have a lot of fun when the Tyranid player assaults thinking he's got the game won, and you pull out two dozen dice of your own.

Oh no! It's Godzilla!
    I have less experience fighting Tyranid Armies consisting of mostly large bugs.
    - Dodge, Duck, Dive, Dip, and Dodge. Big Bugs usually mean Big Guns. Use cover to keep those big guns quiet, and move your troops in closer.
    - Hit them where they least expect it. Believe it or not, in the few games against Big Bug armies, I had a lot of success assaulting (Maybe because I play Khorne...). Unless the bug is kitted for Melee, they have a limited number of attacks. They can do more wounds shooting than in Melee, so get in there. Hopefully you've weakened them with shooting (a point I'll touch on in a second), and charging them will result in the last couple wounds you need to bring down the beast.
    - Man the Harpoons!. In case you didn't know, guns kill things. Use your long range, low AP guns (aka Lascannon) to remove those big bugs of their extra wounds while your troops march forward. If you have addiquette firepower (I like 2 TLLC Preds and a Land Raider for 1850 games...but I like Land Raiders), you can soften them up to where two or three good rounds of HTH will finish them off. Also, if your tanks are taking fire, the assault troops have a clear path.

These are just personal experiences from playing a handful of Nid players around me. I've had pretty good success against them with my Pure Khorne army, winning roughly 75% of the games.
    ~Fighting Necron Tactica~
    Submitted by Karmoon

Ok... I always play 1 lascannon per 500 points, and it's generally always worked against the monolith. As you're relying on scoring 6s with melta tech, it's best to turn their high Strength elsewhere, like C'tan or destroyers or warriors. Three lascannons should take about 2 turns or so to start giving the monolith serious problems. Your obliterators will need protection though. Foot slogging them with 10 destroyers around is a recipe for failed armour saves. Obliterators should be deepstruck and used surgically. That way you can get the jump on the monolith.

If you're afraid of the C'tan, this is why I suggested powerfists and melta tech. You're gonna take some casualties, but so be it. Any type of CSM will out perform a majority of necrons in CC. If you can get your raptors to engage a wing of Destroyers, then that's a BIG success for you.

It's all about CC. And don't be content with just one CC. We're talking about multiple CCs taking place symultaneously. Always think that a necron player has a Veil of Darkness AND knows how to use his/her monolith properly. Always expect him to be able to get out of 2 closecombats per turn, and plan accordingly.

The bike squad, while magnificent against other armies probably isn't that good against necrons. I've never liked 3 strong bike squads. If you're lucky you'll hit CC with their destroyers which will really hurt the opponent. Sure, 10 destroyers are likely to win, however, each round they're not shooting is hurting his points badly. And without the destroyer fire support, your other units have more time to go offensive and get into CC.
    In my opinion, the biggest threat to you are the 10 destroyers. That is a LOT of fire power and they can easily wipe out a squad of marines through weight of wounds alone. Ideally you should engage them in CC for reasons mentioned elsewhere, but even with our weakened codex, CSM can still match and destroy necrons' firepower.
    The C'tan shouldn't really be an issue if you don't mind a few casualties and your squads are equiped properly. Infact, close combat is GOOD. I'd rather be in CC with the Deceiver than be out in the open for 10 destoyers' shooting.
    And even when he starts fearing CC, that's when you use meltas to hunt him down.

Last edited by SilentNinja; June 19th, 2008 at 10:23.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

You're brilliant. I <3 you.

Sadly I'm not experienced enough at fighting any specific army to be able to write an anti-tactica. The only thing I'm experienced at fighting extensively is warp-in Deldar and heavy tank Marines. I could write something up for those two though, if you'd like.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Well here's already 1 improtant tip, never underestimate the basic chaos space marine, for his points he is the most well equipped trooper in the field, the more of these guys you have on the table the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the tips of our fellow, more experienced, Chaos players can only add to the overall greatest that is Chaos. A Enemy Army Tactica would be something that I definitely could use. I just don't have the time to play a lot of games, and I would just like to see what other people see as viable options when fighting against any of our many enemies. As my experience grows I would like to add to this Tactica, but unfortunately as of right now I'm only looking for the information and wouldn't be able to contribute much. If anyone would like to start this, and or any piece of this would be greatlly appreciated by me and anyone who uses it; I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let me start.I've had some battles with the Orks, and now i know what they dislike:
    1.They hate AP4 weapons, that means havoc squads with HB or AC are a must take against the green skins (or take predators if you're running a Mech army)
    2.Missile launchers, frag missiles realy work!(5th ediction True LoS helps alot)
    3.Don't try just to shoot them out, when those beasts come in to CC with you and you have no supporting units in CC then you're dead.Take some Berzerkers or Plague Marines, they can keep those guys in close combat until your shooters get in to a better possition.
    4.Don't need lots of AT weapons, all you need is autocannons and some ML, that can take out mos of the Ork vehicles.

Well, that's all i know against Orks.And another thing: Never, NEVER let' them charge you, unless you're ready to throw about 15 armor saves.
    P.S.
    Do not take Thausand Sons, there AP will go to waste, the only thing they have 3+ is the speacial char witch name i don't remember (i think), and they won't do anything good against Mega armoured nobz.
    Last edited by danis2005; June 14th, 2008 at 23:27. Reason: Serbi reminded me something!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Okay, here's what I have for a short, quick entry for two armies and the styles of play I fought against and what works well.

___________________________________________________________________________ ______
    Heavy Tank Marines: My opponent normally fields 3 dreads (one ven in there) and 1-2 preds and at least 1 vind. along with an assault squad.

His tactics: Use the massive fire power of the 3 assault cannons to mow down troops, and use the vind/AT pred(s) to take out tanks, assault squad sneaks around buildings to get a safe assault.

My tactics: I typically run a lash against him, so I force him to get in the open somewhere with his assault troops (and kill them via plas cannon and/or deny him the charge) then take out his dreds in CC via power fist. Another key point is to attempt to deny shooting lines for some of his army with terrain if possible.

MVP units vs this style of marine:
    6 chosen with 3 plasmas
    6 chosen with 3 meltas

Nearly useless units:
    Chaos Spawn
    Possessed

Most other choices just do their job and don't really shine or fail vs this style of marine.
    ___________________________________________________________________________ ______

Dark Eldar - warp in: My opponent normally fields a savage CC squad in a raider and then a mixture of Wyches and warriors with a dark lance or two. about half of this comes in from a warp-thingy he places on turn one with a HQ choice.

His tactics: Have a couple throw away squads to make sure that the rest of his army hits the table and gets to get into CC as soon as they can. (normally the turn they come in due to open topped skimmers).

My tactics: Use as much long range firepower as possible and split my deployment so he can't massacure into another squad and has to spend at LEAST one turn getting to a new side of the board to get into CC again. Also, stay as far back from his webway portals as possible.

MVP units vs this style of deldar:
    Dakka pred
    Vind (if lucky)
    Nurgles

Nearly useless units:
    Thousand sons (they have 5+ armor saves)
    Chaos Spawn
    Possessed

Oblits vs this style of Deldar are risky due to the high amnt of str 8 weapons they use. (instant killing the oblits) Also, they aren't very effective due to the lack of good armor saves and lack of high armor. (11 AV open topped skimmers aren't exactly hard to crack)
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Here's some of my stuff on fighting Tyranids.

Swarm Army.
    - Always have Protection. I find Rhinos are essential for your Infantry when fighting Swarms. It gives them added mobility, and provides them with a "safe" place to wait out all those attacks. That leads to my second point.
    - Do whatever you can to get the charge. You'll be facing a lot of bodies, which means a lot of attacks. Anything you can do to minimize the number of attacks is crucial. Even if it means you DON'T charge because you are in cover, which means you can kill some off before they get to attack you (Though if you have the higher I score, by all means, charge out of cover).
    - Shoot. Also, shoot. Then, shoot some more. We all know that Bugs aren't going to win any marksman contests. Least of all the ones you'll find in a Swarm. Don't be afraid to sit back and shoot at the oncoming wave. Little Bugs are very fragile, and thinning out their numbers before the inevitable CC is key (in case I haven't stressed that enough). Take template weapons, and weapons with high shot counts.
    - Don't forget the big ones. More than likely, you'll still have to face a Hive Tyrant, and maybe a low cost Carnifex (Unless your opponent is using the Broodlord. Then, ignore this). Make sure you still have something to pack a punch. Keep this unit well guarded until it's time comes, then wail on the big one with everything you have.
    Chaos Marines have one of lowest Infantry counts in the game. Of course, they're also some of the baddest Mamma-Jamma's too. Thin out the swarm and cut the rest down. If you play Khorne, you'll have a lot of fun when the Tyranid player assaults thinking he's got the game won, and you pull out two dozen dice of your own.

Oh no! It's Godzilla!
    I have less experience fighting Tyranid Armies consisting of mostly large bugs.
    - Dodge, Duck, Dive, Dip, and Dodge. Big Bugs usually mean Big Guns. Use cover to keep those big guns quiet, and move your troops in closer.
    - Hit them where they least expect it. Believe it or not, in the few games against Big Bug armies, I had a lot of success assaulting (Maybe because I play Khorne...). Unless the bug is kitted for Melee, they have a limited number of attacks. They can do more wounds shooting than in Melee, so get in there. Hopefully you've weakened them with shooting (a point I'll touch on in a second), and charging them will result in the last couple wounds you need to bring down the beast.
    - Man the Harpoons!. In case you didn't know, guns kill things. Use your long range, low AP guns (aka Lascannon) to remove those big bugs of their extra wounds while your troops march forward. If you have addiquette firepower (I like 2 TLLC Preds and a Land Raider for 1850 games...but I like Land Raiders), you can soften them up to where two or three good rounds of HTH will finish them off. Also, if your tanks are taking fire, the assault troops have a clear path.

These are just personal experiences from playing a handful of Nid players around me. I've had pretty good success against them with my Pure Khorne army, winning roughly 75% of the games.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Fighting orks !!

First of all, I'd like to stat that I play Orks and Chaos (and Tau and IG too) so I begin to have a good understanding of these armies. Also, I've played some games in 5th edition (experimental rules) so I'll try to take it into account for the following guide to Green Skinning.

First of all, you have to understand that there are some variety of orkish armies.

Speed Freak

These are the most common ork bads to this day. They rely on speed and mecanisation in order to get close up and personnal as soon as possible. You might expect the game to go like this : Move forward on the first turn with many trukks, buggies, bikes and deff kopta, maybe some stormboyz too. On the second turn, everything move again, maybe waggh and then assault.

Quite previsible, not at all subtile. What you need to do against those speed maniacs is to shoot all the transports first.
    In priority order for the first turn : 1- The trukks, 2- the bikes, 3- the looted waggons 4- the battle waggons 5- the orks.
    In priority order for the second turn : 1- The burna boyz, 2- the other orks

Many units will go below 10 models and will start to flee, just take care of the remains of the army and the job is done.

Any csm units will do, some obliterators / lascannons will be needed to deal with the battle waggons.

Green Tide

Second most common ork army. They go for the gang feeling. Units are fielded as 20-30 boyz with 3 big weapons and a Power Klaw nob, all on foots. Some units will be fielded in battlewaggons (up to 20 models). You will usualy also find lootas and burnas, nob squads and some kans with 2 Warphead (shamans) as HQ. This is a shoot fest. Here my first advice is to deploy in a single corner. The main difficulty with these armies is that as long as orks units are above 10 models, they are fearless (mob rule) so you can't have them flee in fear. And they come in number : 30 orks cost only 180 points. Deploying in a corner will allow you to concentrate your fire on the oncoming units and will have some units be deployed too far away to reach you in time. Heavy bolters, missile launchers and autocannons come in handy. Defilers and vindicators can be good too, as long as you don't expose them to the lootas. Just shoot... And be sure to be the one assaulting or you will will understand why this player bought 2 boxes of dices. And also, beware of kommandos, especialy in 5th edition (flamers ??). Also, the warphead can have them waggh on the first turn and several times a game, so take this into account.

Most experienced ork players will have all it's boys wield some manner of gun or nail throwing pipe. With 30 boyz that gets 3 attacks each on charge, and the oppotunity to shoot a lot a 18", there is no need for close combat weaponry.

This is the hardest ork army to get rid of for chaos.

Some sonic blasters tooled noise marines, many CSM, pie plate guns, heavy bolters, sh** load of bolters, do your best.

Stompas

This army cost a lot of money so you won't see it much often. Still some players are still frantic enough to field one. It consist of 2 Deff Dread, 9 Killa Kans, some squads of meganobs, many lootas and some shoota boyz and 2 big mek. This is the easiest one to deal with for chaos. Some autocannons, some lascannons, some plasma guns, some melta, some bolters, some power fists and it's a done deal. In fifth edition, this list is bound to see some more action, still it won't be so much more. Still, the shock attack guns are devastating.

Balanced list (my kind)

You'll see some trukks, some battle waggons / looted waggons filled with tankbustas and burnas, some buggies, 1 or 2 foot slugging hordes, a big mekk with a shock attack gun, a Big Boss or a warphead, 1 or 2 units of lootas, some burnas, many boyz geared toward close combat, maybe some bikes and 1 deff dread. These lists are good and very polyvalent. You have to expect anything from you opponent as he can as easily assault you quickly or outmanoeuver you. This is not a simple strait army, it's a strategic one. In fifth edition, hope to be the last one to deploy so you will be able to take advantage of every single obstacle and cover. But your main concern is to well establish your priorities. If you fear an onward quick assault, deal with the transports and buggies first. If you feel like you will be overkilled by the shootas and lootas, deal with those as fast as possible. But beware of the burna boyz, they are tolled to kill marines.

---------------

Now, here as some general advices that are sometime obvious, but always usefull.

1- Power weapons are nearly useless against orks for their armours are weaks.
    2- The same goes for terminators.
    3- Defilers are excellent for their range and efficiency and the autocannon is good to kill trukks.
    4- Assault first, prevent some losses.
    5- More than 10 orks is a crowd, less than 5 is a joke.
    6- Beware of the Shock Attack Guns.
    7- Beware of battle wagons with a deff rolla sticked on the front side. They can ram your tanks and get through.
    8- Trukk move fast and they don't blow up conventionnaly, so be aware that you might be surprised.
    9- Most vehicles and walkers can be killed with bolters, but don't count on this to deal with them or you will find yourself overwhelmed by green skins. This is especialy true in 5th edition.
    10- Deploy and move carefully.
    11- Daemons are a viable option.

Thousand Sons and Dead Guard players will quickly find themselves overwhelmed by numbers and should always deploy in a single corners, behind cover. World Eaters players will find it hard, but still feasible. Slannesh players will have a lot of fun, and so will undivided ones.

Good luck fellow worshipers of the dark gods
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are looking great. Everyone keep sending in tactics, and I'll keep on putting it all together.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)