Newbie needs help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie needs help...

Hi, I just started playing WH40k a couple months ago, and I decided to make Chaos Daemons my army...

I'm having trouble deciding what miniatures to buy. So I could play basic games, I already bought a Lord of Change, 3 Flamers, and two squads of 10 bloodletters, but I'm at a loss of what to get next. If someone could help me, that would be great.

Also, where are people getting the Blue Scribes, and Heralds besides Khornate ones? I don't see them on the GW website...

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the models that GW does not have, you will have to custom make them. Like i turned one of my Eldar jetbikes into a Herald of Khorne on a chariot.

As for what to get next, i would suggest some heavies. Maybe get a Daemon Prince (under choas space marines section of GW website) or a soul grinder or two. (one soul grinder is a big target for all those anti tank weapons, i suggest two if your going to run them) Maybe get some fiends of Neesh or some blood crushers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Bloodletters are great in combat, the LoC is great for shooting (and resilient and good in HtH and expensive) and Flamers are wonderful elite infantry killers.

I'd recommend grabbing some Horrors for extra firepower, Plaguebearers (crushers for a stompier version) for resilience and icon-holding, Slaanesh units or Flesh Hounds for speedy tie-up units (lock the enemy in combat so they can't shoot and wait for the 'letters to clean up), and something big and nasty like a DP (good complement to the LoC) or some Grinders.

As for the other Heralds, Seekers, and chariots, you'll just have to convert. That's part of the fun in the hobby and can lead to some really interesting stuff. Plus, being entities of raw Warp energy, there really is no right way to do it.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiraz View Post
    Hi, I just started playing WH40k a couple months ago, and I decided to make Chaos Daemons my army...

I'm having trouble deciding what miniatures to buy. So I could play basic games, I already bought a Lord of Change, 3 Flamers, and two squads of 10 bloodletters, but I'm at a loss of what to get next. If someone could help me, that would be great.

Also, where are people getting the Blue Scribes, and Heralds besides Khornate ones? I don't see them on the GW website...

Thanks.
    I don't want to be a debby downer, but you've picked a very tough race to start with. Daemons are very unique army in 40k. Their units are highly specialized and deploy unlike any other race. They are probably one of, if not the best close combat army in the game overall. You may have a hard time winning with them at first, but it once you catch on, it'll get better.

Another 3 flamers, pink horrors, an HoK are all good choices. Look at if you need more shooting or more CC. I think you couldn't go wrong with some pink horrors for your next buy. Gives you more shooting and another troops choice, which are vital in 5th.

If you want some good models to sub in, go to Warhammer Fantasy sections under Beasts of Chaos and Mortals of Chaos. The mortal chaos champion models make awesome substitutions for heralds. Also consider looking up the undead section.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 2nd, 2008, 13:03