Shash - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shash

OKay, so I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the lash of submission?

Personally i think its awesome, its really useful and cheap points wise too...but i'm getting tired of other players says it's 'cheesy', 'beardy', whatever you want to call it. Ive heard all the remarks about how your a rubbish general if you need to use the lash and blah blah!

It's a ligitimate option in our codex so what is the big deal! I know its really handy and possibly a tad too powerful but hey it's not the only thing in the game thats way out!!

I would say, those that can not play against the lash are poor generals...surely if you are a good general you can come up with a way to beat us when we use it

Interested to know what fellow Chaos players think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, my friend hates me for using lash .Personaly, it's a handy abillity, but unpredictable.You still need to throw 2D6's for the range, i usualy get 3"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

I find taking two is pushing it a little, however one is fine. It doesnt matter what army you play, you'll always get someone moaning. Necron monoliths are cheesy, Eldar falcons are cheesy, Assault cannons are cheesy. At the end of the day if someone cant beat you, it wont be because of a single power, its just a nice excuse for losing. Try offering a rematch and not taking the power, what will they blame then?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Danis2005. That what it's like in my local store, there's cries of 'not that cheesy lash again'...they really seem to dislike it, lol but it sure is useful and versitile when combined with other things. 3" is under average, i think you need some luckier dice

@ Macewind. Thats very true. I recall the C'tan coming in for some stick and as you say the Eldar Falcon...Nothing a Lash can't help fix though ...I've never actually taken 2 Lashes before...Ohh the posibilities!!

Nice to get other players views, Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whinging about last will die down when they start facing the 9 pavane slaanesh daemon list.....
    3 from heralds
    3 from the masque
    3 from daemon princes...

And they though us having two lashes were bad hehe..
    What once was courage has now cursed in the wars we've made.
    We are the sinners, before our graves.
    (Coheed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

That's so true. I think I'll start loving Daemon players using pavane. That can make two Lash Princes seem viable. And MAYBE there will be some tactics made to counter that, instead of screaming cheese, players might adapt to their opponents.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Every army that is not your personal army is cheesy, beardy, and cheating. At least, that's what you hear from many players. There are ways to beat two lash, just like everything else.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

What i don't like about the lash : Its a no brainer. I don't see any of the other chaos psy powers even compares to it.

I really don't like the fact that our Hq choices is narrowed down to either a prince with lash, or if you want to be original, a sorcerer with lash. Nurgles rot is pathetic in my opinion, even with the template changes in the next edition , Bolt of change is not worth the points given that you need to pass the psy test, then the Ballistic roll , then the wounding/penetration roll, then if its a tank a damage roll or invulnerable saves if it got some. Winds of changes and warp time are the only potential contenders, but in the end ,the lash combined with extra initiative of Slaanesh is far too tempting.

But even if the Lash of submission is what i would consider a "game breaker" ability, its not without drawbacks and flaws. I don't have the chaos codex with me , but i think you need a line of sight and you can't target units inside tanks (Or is it units without leadership?) Anyway, the only thing you need to stop a lash is a 35 point Rhino ,Trukk , killer kans or pretty much anything with armor. And given the up coming 5th edition ling of sights rules , i think you could hide your troops behind and block the spyker with your first line. This is similar to how Thousand sons Ap3 bolter is easily stopped by armor and how the line of sight will significantly alter its desirability in the 5th edition given the 4+ inv save when shooting through units , but i digress .

But on the issue of "cheesiness" of specific types of armies: I think that this would be easily resolved with better synergies in unit choices withing codices, instead of overpowering one type of Hq/elite/troop/fast/heavy comparatively to others, effectiveness should be spread over the force organization or with bonus shared between specific units.

My 2 cents.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Fade View Post
    I think the whinging about last will die down when they start facing the 9 pavane slaanesh daemon list.....
    3 from heralds
    3 from the masque
    3 from daemon princes...

And they though us having two lashes were bad hehe..
    Haha, Pavane of Slaanesh is definately worse than the double lash. Just flicking through the Daemons codex and some of the gifts are really smart. I can already hear the 'cheesy' cries being thrown around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Only way to make a two Lashes army competative is by including lots of weapons firing massive high strength blast markers. Those are Defiler, Vindicator and Obliterators -three Heavy Support choices that needs to be filled to make the combo workable. So you have 5 vulnerable models that need to survive individually to function. If you lose the Lashes you're toast, if you lose the armour or the Obies you're toast. It's so vulnerable. Also, you waste your precious HQ's on something needed in a combo. Too many points are spent on something that has to work in unison. Just too vulnerable against a seasoned player. Such a player would pull the teeth out of the army in a jiffy.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread