Daemons can Assault after DSing according to GW Website - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Daemons can Assault after DSing according to GW Website

I've read the codex and my store's 5th Ed book cover to cover, and as I understood it, daemons in Codex: Daemons could not assault the turn they came in, no matter what (including fleet).

Then GW publishes this on the website:

Bomb-burst
    There's nothing like sitting waiting for something terrible to happen, but that was exactly the case for any Daemons without fleet of foot prior to 5th edition 40K. They would deep strike into play and then have to face a turn of punishing firepower, all bunched up - the perfect victims for blast weapons and templates. Now, thanks to the run rule, they can always make a D6" move when they land, letting them spread out and increasing their survivability no end. Let's not forget those Daemons that do have fleet of foot either - not only does the above apply to them, but they're able to charge into combat straight after deep striking if they want. Scary.

Did I miss something!? Is this a typo, or is there a faq?

Please note, this are Chaos Deamons from the Deamons codex, NOT Lesser Daemons or Greater Daemons in Codex: CSM, which have different rules.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm I haven't heard anything on it though I just got the rulebook so I might have to see if I can find anything on it, imo if others without FoF can move then slaaneshi units should be able to assault though maybe the reasoning behind it if we can't is that we just DS and we still aren't aware enough of our surroundings to assault

((also could you mind checking out my army If everything goes as planned I'll be using it in 9 hours))
    KHORNE, when life gives you lemons - Blood for the Blood GOD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

It's a typo on GW's part... guess the rulebook's so new that even the staff can make errors... or maybe the final version of the rulebook had some changes that wasn't there during developement... Anyway, GW has always been known to make errors (just look at the Reference Sheet at the end of the 5th Rulebook... plenty of errors in the Daemon section, or at some Battle eports lately in the White Dwarf, etc...)

Bottom line is, Chaos Daemons, even with Fleet, can't assault on the turn they arrives from Deep Strike. It's especially told in the rulebook itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Would suck if what you say is true cause it'd give the already superior (and cheaper) Slaanesh models even more power. However, unless it explicitly says in an FAQ or an Errata, im standing by the, "no assault from deepstrike."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

No
    Effing
    Way

Daemons would be ridiculously overpowered if fleet units could assault after DS. Not to mention the rulebook specifically disallows it
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread