Librarium Online Forums banner

your favourite hated unit?

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Intrepid 
#1 ·
as the title says.

Which unit in the chaos repertoire earns your scorn?

and why?

ill go first:

Vindicator..

gah! not another rhino hull!!

#5 ·
My 2 cents goes on the Lesser Daemons. For those 14 pts you can get something much better, And now with real Daemon rules, I just can't bring myself to field them.

#6 ·
Spawn... They are beasts in the fast attack section yet they are slow and purposeful. They are super tough and warp spawned yet have absolutely no armor save. They are made solely for CC yet they can completely whiff a round of CC by rolling a 1 for attacks. Last but not least is they are the same cost as a ravener with rending claws and scything talons and are no where near as effective.

#10 ·
Terminators. I am more likely to make an invulnerable save than a Termie armor save...and a single Reaper cannon is completely useless. The elite of Chaos, good only for one-shot, suicidal deepstrikes, just like Imperial Guard lieutenants...sad.

#11 ·
Khorne Terminators with Fists and Combi-Melta/Flamer, and Heavy Flamer.
Completely worth it.

Most useless for me? I'd say Spawn, Lash Princes (because everyone and their mums is using them now, so now everyone knows the best way to beat them...plus I'm a Khorne guy).

Also, I never had any luck with Oblits. Probably because they were never mobile enough for my force (though now my Tanks aren't either :freaked-out:), and a lot of the people I play know how sick they were last Codex, so they made them first priority.

:beer::beer:

#12 ·
Hate on selection:

Possessed: useless because of their randomness.
Raptors: no melta bombs?
Dreadnought: no more charge bonus in blood frenzy, kill my own on fire frenzy?

Hate on performance:

Obliterators: take one = bad, take two = threat, take three = too expensive.
Chaos Lord: strength 4. 5 with Daemon weapon.
Chaos Sorcerer: same as above, but then with the added insult from the force weapon.

#15 ·
I'd also have to go with possessed. I actually do use them once in a while only because it's only my friend and I that play and we just do it for fun.

I agree on the spawn as well. The only reason I have 2 models is because they came in the army box. They only reason I put them together is because they look neat, and for the occasional time I take gift of chaos on my sorc.

You should have seen the look on my opponents face when I turned his Creed model into a spawn right in the midst of his squad and then rolled a 6 for attacks.

#16 ·
I'd go with Tau Drones and Crisis Battlesuits. I mean it really annoys me, their pop, shoot and hide tactics is always grinding my gears. And my Chaos Termies tend to fail their AS only when facing tau. And Battlesuits. Too cheap, too overpowered. End of story. Hate Tau for that!

#17 ·
Its a shame on the rules for possessed because I really like the idea and models. Maybe if their chart wasn't so random or if they were significantly cheaper.

#18 ·
Possessed aren't bad at all, just a bit overpriced. Consider them to be upscale Berserkers, with an inv. save, higher strength and a random additional ability. Don't look at the Daemonkin rules and think "1 chance in 6 of rending"; instead, think "All of the choices except one are useful to a dedicated CC unit."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.