Khorne Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Khorne Terminators

Latest problem I've run into. I usually play the Karmoon special with my undivided army. However, recently I've been playing Khorne (nothing more fun than hardcore combat) and I want to have a pure Khorne army. So, how can I make a decent points efficient unit of Khornate Terminators, without putting them in a Land Raider?

All help appreciated. Thanks

~{Archy}~

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

one unit i once faced, was 5 termies, all of which were aspiring champions of khorne with twin LC

meaning 5 attacks each (excluding charging) with re-roll to wound

and you could, i don't know, make them run? : p
    or deep strike them into cover, then charge following turn

just suggestions being thrown out

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Archnomad View Post
    decent points efficient unit of Khornate Terminators,
    Therein lies your problem. To pimp them out for CC they are so ridiculously overpriced.

In my limited experience, termies are good if a: they are a cheap throwaway or b: they are a huge unit point sink.

If you wanna go more 'fluffy' than competetive, make them all khorne champs with claws and 1 cf.

10 x 2 attacks base =20

+1 Khorne = 30

+1 champ = 40

+1 CHarge = 50

+1 LC = 60

So that's 60 power weapon attacks on the charge with rerolls to wound... Lol... but could only really fit it in huge games.

Khorne termies are ok in CC basic- maybe just give them 1 or 2 pfs/Cfs and you're good. It also means you dont lose your bolters/combi bolters. And, without a raider, DS them on icons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

If you remember the old codex, the main issue everyone had with CC orientated terminators remained: delivery method.

Deepstriking means wasting at least 2 turns.
    Land raider involves an invesment of points. (although not FOC slot, which is tempting).

The 'Karmoon Squad' works particularly well becaues it's a shooting based squad, hence deepstrike doesn't affect it.

I'd use the terminators to fill any holes you might have in your army.
    remember, Terminators are all equipped with power spoons as standard, and have a handsome amount of attacks. Combine that with an IoK and they're still devastating in CC whilst still having a combi bolter.

I'd still consider using the terminators to potentially work on weaknesse you might have in your army. Maybe give a couple Lightning Claws, a powerfist or 3, and then chuck a couple of combi meltas in there or something.

As Boo said, jogging really opens up options too. although it is a bit of a waste of a turn, don't be afraid to deepstrike close but in cover, and spend a turn not shooting.
    The very presence of Terminators instantly appearing is enough to unerve the lower experienced players.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    power spoons
    Thats my word!

I must say, khorne terminators are a bit of a problem. Id say take them with combi guns and a mix of fists and single claws. This wy you can unload on your DS turn then follow through in CC the following turns

Dan

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I use a squad of 5.
    4 have Power Fists and Combi-Weapons, 1 has Power Weapon and Heavy Flamer (or something like that).

I usually DS them using Kharn's Icon, so they're pretty much guaranteed to go where I want them. I proceed to unload some Combi-Death, then Kharn will charge in during Assault. The Terminators then go looking for something else to smash, or (if placed right during DS), they move around the Kharn/Enemy combat and intercept anything trying to counter-charge Kharn.

245 points with the Mark of Khorne. It's not the most 'Combat killy' set up, but it's versatile. 3 attacks base, 4 charging, and they can shoot.

Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Don't be afraid to deepstrike close but in cover, and spend a turn not shooting.
    The very presence of Terminators instantly appearing is enough to unerve the lower experienced players.
    I'll second this. With the stability of 'iconic deepstrike,' coupled with either terrain or a rhino for LoS blockage, you can effectively d.s. c.c. termis and at the same time protect them. But really, for the cost, a modified Karmoon special with IoK and one more body works equally as well. While this unit doesn't have the c.c. finesse of twin clawed championed termis, it's much cheaper and will in the end produce just as many kills, once you consider the plasma rounds.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Just a reminder guys, deepstriking into cover requires a dangerous terrain role to be made.

On the subject of deepstriking, what do people think of the new deep strike rules? Mainly the mishap table?

I personnally am not too fussed, I always use rhinos, but others who take more of a risk may find there termies destroied because one model grazed and enemy unit.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mishap table is better than the last set of rules, when destruction was automatic. At least now if you have a bad DS roll, there's still a chance of not being totally destroyed. Running makes the placed by your opponent one not as bad to deal with too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Just a reminder guys, deepstriking into cover requires a dangerous terrain role to be made.
    I'm just reading through the new rulebook. You say that anything that grants a coversave means difficult terrain? That's brilliant.

I think we need to draw a line between two types of the meaning of cover. The first is something that grants a Cover Save (which means alomst anything sticking up from the ground). The other is blocking of LOS, like a solid building or a vehicle that stands in the way.
    If I were to deepstrike a squad of LC equipped termie champs of Corn, I would place them behind something solid, thusly blocking LOS (direct firelanes). Deepstriking into cover would mean into dangerous terrain. That's just stupid due to the fact that termies got 2+/5+ save.

Just deepstrike out of LOS, to keep it simple.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; July 16th, 2008 at 21:38.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast