New to Khorn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Khorn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Khorn

Hello everybody I'm new to Librarium and am thinking of starting Khorn. I started 40k playing a type of shooty Eldar and an looking for a more "hacky and slashy" style of play. I like the idea of berserkers running towards the enemy but I really find the Idea of Khorn Terminators VERY advertising and am wondering if it is possible to deploy 3 Khorn Terminator squads would work. I was thinking of deep striking 7 Terminators, 4 with Combi-Plasmas, 2 with Combi-Meltas and 1 with Heavy Flamer and Power Fist. Could this work or am I just fooling myself.

Thanks If any reply: Jaxsem

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, let me be the first to say welcome!

I don't see anything wrong, rule wise with your choices. I also like the CSM termies. But to make them Khorne termies and have 3 squads is expensive point wise.

I will be the first to admit I am a little hazy on termy rules but I am sure you can have 3 choices.
    "The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
    -Il Duce

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

7 Terminators is 210 points, with no upgrades. Unless you're playing a huge game, 3 units of that is a huge point sink.

I'd try two squads of 5. Arm them with 4 Combi-Plasma, 4 Fists, and a Heavy Flamer (you could even do 5 fists). 225 points total, with no Mark. This unit can deep strike in next to one of the enemy's elite units, and do a lot of damage. The next turn, they'll probably be assaulted, but you've got Power Fists to deal with anything that comes at you.

Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Berserkers are more worth it in terms or points, terminators don't get furious charge. You can have one group of termiantors with mark of khorne, but I wouldn't got for any more unless you play 2,000 points and up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

5 basic terminators is dead cheap and pretty killy, give them Icon of Khorne and you still have a unit which costs less than a squad of loyal terminators and can dish out 20 power weapon attacks on the charge.
    If you really want to run more than one squad, I'd consider using one completely naked as a diversion - 150 points isn't that much to lose really, and they can soak up a fair amount of fire if targetted or can reap a significant amount of damage if ignored.

Also, in the squad you listed you are kinda jack of all trades master of none - give them combi meltas and power or chainfists if you want to DS them behind a tank, give them combi plasmas, and/or a reaper and power fists or weapons to take out MEQS or give them combi flamers and a heavy flamer to take out hordes.

To really make the most of terminators you have to think what else you are going to have to use to support them. If you don't want to deep strike them then you need a Land Raider which doubles their cost. If you want to deep strike them then you need at least one unit with a personal icon - bikes, raptors or whatever - which is also expensive. If you just want to walk them up the table then they are wasted really, as they have multiple power weapon attacks which can be easily avoided.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Jaxsem,

always remember to do searches and browse through previous discussions too

We recently had a dicussion which focused on Khornate Terminators:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rminators.html

There's a wealth of wisdom in that thread.

I'm sad to say, that while fun, CC terminators are very difficult to use.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

If your seriously considering 3 units of termies with IoK, take 5 strong squads with heavy flamers and a single power/chain fist in each. Combi melta squads wont need the heavy flamer. If you want to go totally OTT on them give them single lightening claws too.

Expensive but super killy. I personnaly use 5 combi plasmas and a powerfist at 5 strong.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice and sorry I didn't see the search button. I've decided to still have 3 Terminator squads but make them Karmoon specials with an extra Termie to carry around that nifty Heavy Flamer and Chain Fist. I'm not sure if I will give them the IoK, the points would probably need to be put elsewhere. Thanks for all the help.

Blood For The Blood God!!!
    Jaxsem

+ Reply to Thread