Just a passing thought.... Night Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Just a passing thought.... Night Lords

I just had a particularly interesting thought. As I have often voiced in this forum, I hate the new Chaos book for my Night Lords, I'm just not as fast as I used to be. So, I was thinking, if I was to use a "counts as" type army, what has fast enough troops. So, the first thing to pop into my head was the Ravenwing. What do we think? Obviously I can't take Land Speeders, but I could have Bikes and Marines as troops (in "dreadclaws"), Assault squads, termies etc.

Think this would work? If not I will go back to my Word Bearers....

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

What about their stinky new codex and Shrike? Letting all his troops fleet or something?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that perhaps Blood Angels is what you're looking for. That is, at least, if you want to use Raptors as your troops. Blood Angels can take Assault Squad as their Troop choices, which would free up your Fast Attack for bikes.

Also, Ravenwing requires a 200+ point special character, whereas the Blood Angels get Assault Troops without one.
    Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Along the same lines as karmoon just said there are rumors that if you put your HQ on bike you can then take bikes as troop choices.

BA is definatly your best choice if you want a night lord type army, heck BA is about as evil as you can get for a marine chapter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Blood Angels. Genius!

*Happy child*

Now, can anyone think of a way to justify death company?
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possessed, perhaps? Lead by some sort of Night Lord "shepherd" instead of a Chaplain. Perhaps even use Possessed models, giving jump packs to those who you dont have wings for.
    Last edited by Zarak; July 31st, 2008 at 00:59.
    Increasing the diversity of the 40k universe through the destruction of Space Marines, one army at a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Perhaps they are simply a Chosen retinue, the best of the best.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they may not be as fast as they used to be but they are alot better. They are one of the only chaos armies that got better.

While they used to be much more customizable and interesting maybe, the new raptors and basic marines in rhinos, whjich make up the core of your army I'll bet, are far superior.

Rhinos are not only usable again, but are really good.
    Raptors are much cheaper. 20 points and option for 30 point icon for extra attack?
    night lords marines now, for only one point more than they used to, get a bolter and bolt pistol and an extra attack. and krak and frags.

A NL army of raptors, rhino squads, hq and some heavies is one of the best armies out there right now.

I know, I know, I too liked the old codex better, just not for night lords. Man I used to play slaanesh, talk about getting hit hard.

ANd think about what you're saying, blood angels aren't that good. and with 5th they got worse, do you really want to use a junk codex?

I mean I feel ya, chaos is junk codex too, but it's an effective junk. BA is boring and kinda sucks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Nightlords is a bit of a pain to play at the moment but I still take two 6 man biker squads and a unit of raptors. Get's expensive.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread