Squadies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squadies

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Squadies

At the local gw (and probably every other one everywhere), we normally play single squad units in either free for all mode or on teams, I tend to take about 15 marines as a havoc squad and depending on the amount of marines on the table, some plasmas or heavy bolters to weaken slower units down before they reach me, although this does work well, and better than most, is there something else I should try? I have a 8man chosen squad but I feel that the more the merrier, and long range weapons can't hurt so why not?

no transports also or hq/special characters for those that don't know the "rules" of squadies, so with that being said, what else should I try? I was thinking of a squad of possessed, maxed out 20 man squad but if they roll a crummy daemonkin ability they might be sort of wasted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about a nice squad of noise marines with sonic blasters and a couple blast masters thrown in??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to stick with good fire power I second the last motion but if you want some CC carnage, a unit of berzerkers, enough said.
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

why not go for 10 terminators with combi weapons and a smattering of powerfists, that will seriously deal out the pain!

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Well if you dont have a point limit I would say a maxed out squad of thousand sons would do really well. I have done one of these but we could only go up to 250 points I took 12 normal marines with a champion with powerfist and an icon of khorne and was the last to die, (2nd place I guess you could say) and I got a bad deployment (we did deepstrike to deploy but it was as if you were a drop pod that couldn't go off the table).
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Well would they allow me to "count as" troops? Because I've thought about taking a full squad of 20 possessed just to see what they can do if they roll a furious charge or power weapon daemonkin then space marines can say goodnight.

+ Reply to Thread