CSM Death Wing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSM Death Wing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSM Death Wing

Now I have been thinking about this for a long time. We need rules to have a full up terminator army just like the loyalist scum get. When I just started getting into the hobby I had heard something about a Lust Wing list which was a Slaneeshi variant of the Death Wing. What happened to these rules? Would the great citizens of LO help me to write a list for use in house rules perhaps and just for fun games. We would incorporate whatever special rules the Death Wing list had for terminators except for the weapons choices that are different. Are there any closet loyalist players in this neck of the LO woods that could further this great cause to spill more blood in the name of chaos?

40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

The Tempus Fugitives - Home

Download the chaos players pack. It has rules for cult terminators. Completely unofficial and only legal for the campaign this september but for house rules and a bit of fun they are great. Ive made a lustwing squad for the campaign

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you Kingpin for stealing my idea

I got inspired in the same way too.
    I don't know about rules but what I'm doing is based on the chaos codex due to its high customisability of each terminator
    I would gladly comment on houserules development and such ^^

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    The Tempus Fugitives - Home

Download the chaos players pack. It has rules for cult terminators. Completely unofficial and only legal for the campaign this september but for house rules and a bit of fun they are great. Ive made a lustwing squad for the campaign
    Sorry for double posting but... wtf

Those zerker terminators are of the highest levels of poo

Rage? if they knew anything about zerkers theyd know zerkers are completly aware of what they're doing and the 3rd ed codex was way off mark fluff wise, zerks are masters of aggressive and close combat but more importantly they are masters of KOMBAT! meaning they know especially not to charge at which enemy when... they wouldn't fall for scapegoats (most often skimmers) in mid battle I mean jeez since when did Khorne become the god of solace anger...

Also not being able to choose combi waepons blows...
    Albeit all this I wish all those in Nottingham warhammer world a fun weekend for that september month

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the helpful posts guys especially macewind for the fabulous link. This is one of the things I miss that makes me really want to live in England and embrace my English heritage. It really seems to me that this hobby has a much bigger following in the U.K. Those cult terminators are pretty cool, granted I don't like the rage because not even the berzerkers have it. If anything the terminators of khorne would be even more under mental control of themselves because they have to master their terminator armor. The other rules are so awesome though. I love all the cult terminators and the coven rule is SWEET and not to mention Abbadon's chosen (drools relentlessly). That rule almost makes me want to field Abbadon with his chosen. Even though the post was helpful what I was really looking for was rules like the, I think Dark Angels, have. The Death Wing list. Where nearly the enitire army is comprised of terminators and or bikes. It seems like the terminators count as troops or something of that nature. I would have to check a DA codex. Would anyone want to help me make rules for chaos like that once I actually get my hands on the codex or if anyone already does lets here it!

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

LustWing

Hi
    RonSaikowski on his blog ++ FROM THE WARP ++ plays LustWing. I think LW may be his invention.

He uses normal rules for DA DeathWing and plays only Slaaneshi look.

Enjoy his great blog
    Last edited by Ota; August 11th, 2008 at 15:14.
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice thought for sure. There were some lists going around at the tail end of our previous coded of people making heavy terminator lists. Because of the wording for chaos lords and taking chosen as a retinue, in addition to taking 3 units of chosen as elites, you could have 4 units of terminators in our old codex. In 4th Ed rules this was not an issue since everything was a scoring unit, not just troops.

Currently however, we are restricted to max 3 units of termis, and they are not troops, so not scoring units, thusly a lot of points sunk into none scoring units.

The Dark Angels can take terminator units(normally elites) as troops if they take a terminator character as their HQ choice. So yes, they can have an all terminator army, AND they are troops. Potentially they can have 9 units of terminators, 6 troops and 3 elites.

For some house rules to make this happen, one idea is to say you have to take Abaddon as your HQ, in order to turn terminators into troops. One of the cons to this method is that Abaddon is insanely expensive, over 200 points. But, him in his termi armor having a huge number of terminators makes fluff sence. Additionally, if you feel it needs to be balanced further, make it so a maximum of 3 units of terminators can be taken, total. So no matter if they are troops or elites, you can still only take 3 units of them, regardless.
    Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Gman I like your idea that Abbadon must be taken. I am not to sure about the max 3 units because then what is the point of the army at all? It is just like having three units of termies like some people do but now theyre scoring if you run them as troops. It would have to have the same rules as death wing or similar to make it fun otherwise it is just playing straight chaos. Maybe instead of max of three its max of 6 that way terminators can be your compulsory troops and then some and not just be limited to 3 squads like they normally are.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

A Legal 1500 Lust wing army could look like this...

HQ: Sorceror, MoS, Terminator armour, Lash.
    Elites: 6 Terminators with combiplasmas, IoS, 1 CF.
    Troops: 6 Noise marines with sonic blasters, unit icon.
    Troops: 6 Noise marines with sonic blasters.
    Troops: 6 Lesser daemons.
    Troops: 6 Lesser daemons.
    Heavy: 2 Obliterators.

It has the noise marines as the 2 minimum troop choices but then uses 2 more units of lesser daemons to deepstrike later to claim objectives.

If you remove the troop unit icon and deepstrike all the terminators there will be no icons on the board until the deepstrike phase of turn 3 so the daemons will only have to endure 2-3 turns of shooting before the game ends.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; August 13th, 2008 at 15:45.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you remove the troop unit icon and deepstrike all the terminators there will be no icons on the board until the deepstrike phase of turn 3 so the daemons will only have to endure 2-3 turns of shooting before the game ends.
    ...or, they will become available turn 2 and count as destroyed because there were no icons on the board at the beginning of the turn -pg 61.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast