to square or to circle? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

to square or to circle?

I posted in someones thread this option but I feel it may deserve is own thread as it could help people deciding what they might want to base their demons on.
    Skirmish Trays for 25mm Round Bases (All Patterns): Litko Aerosystems, Inc.

5/10/15/20 figure trays.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Why ever use such a tray? :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

For fantasy it is usefull but not for 40K, once the battlecannons start to fall you'll be hating yourself for taking down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I would love to use one of these tray for my gaunts. Such a pain having to move in excess of 60 models a turn sometimes. But the largest size is only 20. That means I neet two to do a full gaunt brood. Maybe, although I do agree seeing an opponent using these would be blast marker heaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

This was for people wanting to play 40k and fantasy. If you base your models on circle bases you can use these to rank up your models. Also you can use this in 40k and space them out if you are truly not into moving large portions though when you space it even with a 20 slot you would probably only fit 10 models and 10 models are not that hard to move.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

You could also just toss your circle based daemons into the square movement trays GW already has. it has edges so you can just toss your daemons in, set them up in ranks, and then there's hardly a difference (at least in theory).
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    You could also just toss your circle based daemons into the square movement trays GW already has. it has edges so you can just toss your daemons in, set them up in ranks, and then there's hardly a difference (at least in theory).
    I think that is all you have is theories and apparently you feel the need to post in every post or reply to every thread I post in. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a thread can you try to keep yourself entertained some other way.

Have you tried moving a full unit+command on circle bases in normal fantasy movement trays. THIS THREAD was not made for you. I had several people PM me in regards to where I had found these trays so I made this thread for them and more then likely for other people doing the same thing.
    Last edited by Tyrius; August 18th, 2008 at 22:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Easy tiger.

Those look like nice trays, but they would not work in Fantasy unless they had the same dimensions as a normal block of square bases. Daemons in Fantasy have 25mm bases, so a unit 5 wide and 3 deep has a 125mm frontage and a 75mm flank. Unless that movement tray fit (or approximated) those dimensions it wouldn't see much use in Fantasy.

If you're going to put Daemons on circle bases and want to play Fantasy, I'd just use the regular square base trays. Circular bases have the same diameter as a square base's length and the tray keeps the unit in the proper shape. Just stick your command models up front and you're good to go. Or you can do it the cheap-o way and cut out paper templates of the proper dimensions and put models on top so you can "drag" them across the table.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

All @ Tyrius:

I don't really give a crap what threads you post in- hell, unless its someone notable like Doctor Paris or Undead Bonzi I don't even bother looking at names. I just post where I think my opinion may add something. Besides, this is a message board on the internet. People give out their opinions, whether its based on experience, theory-craft, or crack induced visions. If you don't like it, then deal with it. If you can't deal with it, then what business do you have on the internet where 99% of opinions are based on thin air, flawed logic, etc?

The square daemon bases are 25 mm. 40K bases are 25mm. Do you see the logic there, tard? If you made a movement tray big enough for the fantasy bases, then you should be able to fit the 40K bases. Hell, I just grabbed my things of movement trays that I still have to put together and tossed some 40K bases on it. It looks like they fit- imagine that. Its a bloody miracle, isn't it. Who'd have guessed that the 25mm round bases would fit in roughly the same amount of space as a 25mm round base.

Those skirmish trays would be worthless if you wanted to use daemons in fantasy because of the spacing. I can say that without any need of theories or whatever because its obvious as hell, especially since they're skirmish trays and the only guys who have any real number of skirmishing troops are beastment and there's no need for a round base skirmish tray for them.

Edit: See? ==Me== posted while I was typing this and he said exactly what I said before you tarded out. Maybe my theories have some sort of basis in reality, perhaps? Ever considered that maybe I might have thought things through before posting?

26 hours with no sleep and still going...
    Last edited by Phalanx; August 19th, 2008 at 01:46.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

General warning to all. This is a public forum and anyone has the right to post where they want as long as they abide by forum rules.

Play nice or this thread will be closed.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 21st, 2008, 11:39