Versus necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Versus necrons

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Versus necrons

This week we focus on necrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Well chaos generally have an easy-ish time against Necrons.

Don't attempt to get into a shooting battle with them, even plague marines excel in close combat against Necrons. My basic advice is to get into close combat and roll down the line.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Crons excel against mech lists. Their basic gauss weaponry can take down rhinos and predators in droves. Gauss_Storm is right about engaging the robots in c.c., which applies to all of our troops, save for T.S. marines, which should still try and hit Necrons at range. The stats do favor T.S. marines in a shootout with warriors, that is, until we examine the cost of a basic 10 man warrior squad in comparison to the typical 8-9 man T.S. squad. Once we consider points, it's a fairly even match.

The lash is probably our best option for countering Necrons for the obvious reasons. Again, as Guass_Storm mentioned, any of our troops (excluding Sons) should have a field day against basic warriors, but also the destroyer class Crons.

I've had pretty good success fielding dual defilers, as they advance forward, firing their cannon of doom, then rush up into c.c. against the Lith. If you configure your defilers with 2x c.c. weapons, then that's 6 attacks on the charge. You'll likely inflict some kind of damage.

When it comes right down to it, the fastest way to wipe Necrons off the board is to force a failed leadership. This wasn't too hard with 4th edition rules. A daemon prince with Warp Time could usually inflict enough wounds to cause a sweeping advance, at which point, the Crons are likely to flee the battle. In 5th edition, causing a sweeping advance should be even easier, as a Prince with Warp Time should inflict 4 kills, assuming no res orb. That's usually enough to bring about a failed leadership against Necrons.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Remember also, in 5th Necrons have a *MUCH* harder time destroying vehicles with the new glancing rules. Unless destroyers / heavies are shooting, even rhinos will be pretty safe as they will have to get 3 glancing 5+ results just to destroy one. Not exactly the easiest of tasks... and if you spend the 5 pts each on a rhino for the extra twin-linked bolter, they'd need an additional 5+ glance result per rhino.

But yeah, (double) lash is virtually a Staples "Easy Button" concept against Necrons, since they rely so much on positioning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ussualy have a hard time against necrons, due to the 2 monolith and veil of darkness tactic.They ussualy jump around the table shooting my close combaters.So, as every one said, lash is a must against crons.Defilers and Vindicators are good against crons, due to the high str and good ap (not to mension they are both blast).Power weapon chosen outflanking the necron possition is good too.That's all i can say for now.

+ Reply to Thread