Khorny thoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khorny thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorny thoughts

Hey Everyone. I'm going to finally be able to get into Chaos and was wondering if you guys have some useful tips, tricks, and units that can claim skulls and take names. Also what should I do about Anti tank?

Jaxsem

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... maybe some oblits to cover your khony ones or raptors with melta?
    Black Legion
    Tau 5/0/1 World Eaters 0/1/0 Eldar 4/0/0 Death Guard 1/0/0 Space Marines 2/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the ruinous powers.
    I consistantly find confidence in my khorne berzerkers close combat capabilities, and would highly recommend at least 1 squad of 8, if not 2. Berzerkers, are very good at killing MEQ units, with stats increased just enough to slide them two better rolls on the charge. They are not too many points and can cover horde combat just as easily as resiliency. If you utilize the new run rules, a rhino is not even necessary, though recommended for quick objective contestation or accumulation.
    I also have no problems throwing the mark of khorne on a normal squad of chaos marines, because they fair quite well in close combat as well (already being superior to their lawful counterparts). It is also a relatively cheap mark to grant to a squad especially considering the max squad size could be quite large(therefore reducing the cost per model price) although somewhat inadvisable tactically.
    I also consider a good and reckless khorne deamon weapon to do the trick for my lord. On a good roll he can decimate entire squads on his own, something that i find to be easily worth the risk of knocking yourself everyone blue moon.
    Most khorne choices depend largely on your style of play, and some choices can be much more obvious than others. For example I find defilers to be quite khorneful as they do quite well in close combat with fleet, flamethrowers and the possibility of extra close combat weapons.
    It is deff not difficult to outfit a chaos space marine army to a khornate theme, and I highly recommend it, if only for the joy of contenting the blood god.
    DAMION
    ahora es cuando yerbabuena le has de dar sabor al caldo

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I agree, I have a single unit of berserkers, but they can take down loyalist terminators on the charge due to the sheer number of attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no arguing that zerkers are crazy good.Even I sometimes have them in my force.
    A dreadnought is a fluffy chouce for you - he is crazy and can be very dangerous in close combat - true khornate material.Terminators are beast in close combat, so I sugest you take those guys two and with MoK they would be a force to be reckened with!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have been thinking about a Khorne army but like to keep things fluffy, however your army does need to be usefull so you can win a few games and keep having fun, In keeping with 5th ed and making sure you have enough troop choices for objectives I've been thinking about CSM squads and IoK for anti tank. The Iok keeps them fluffy, taking a champ with a fist makes them even more usefull and then you have options for AT with melta's, be it having a squad of 10 and taking 2 melta's putting them in a rhino with an added combi melta, or giving the champ a combi melta, you can do all of these but my favourite idea at the moment is

10csms
    Champ fist, combi flamer,
    Iok 2xMelta
    Rhino Combi flamer

Good amount of attacks in CC, good AT and the flamers give you some anti horde benifits should you need them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it depends if you want a fluffy khorne army.

I like to use havocs but not with heavy weapons kit them out with meltas and flamers and watch them run riot, with the MOK its a deadly combo.

Next give every unti the MOK you never know when it may come in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti tank? Well I can't see anything better than a good old bloodthirster for that...

Makes a great center piece and is always useful in every sitution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it is quite a big bullet magnet and your forgetting in the csm dex we dont have them anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, that is true. And the generic daemon greater daemon isn't so good, but may still be worth it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast