Couple of questions from a total noob :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of questions from a total noob :)

Hi there,

I used to play 40k (very briefly) about 9 years ago and haven't touched it since, so basically my knowledge has reverted back to non-existent. My friend recently decided to get back into it and I decided I'd do it too, and after looking into it a bit decided I'd give Chaos a go.

My first question is this:

While looking up info on the Net, I decided to start mainly by concentrating on Word Bearers with a Chaos Undivided mark. However not only did I fail to see any mention of Chaos Undivided in the Codex (although I might have missed it, I haven't read cover to cover yet) but in the squad of 10 space marines I just bought, the icon bearers symbols give you a choice of an icon from one of the 4 gods but not of Chaos Undivided. An Icon Bearer is just too cool looking to overlook, so what are my options here? Just suck it up and choose a God?

My second question is this:

My friend is going to go Imperial Guard, and I'm fairly sure he'll be as tank-heavy as he can be. As Chaos, what are my best options to combat this? And also what kind of weaponry should I equip my newly bought and soon to be assembled Space Marines with to best go up against IG?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The chaos undivided is replaced by chaos glory ,it does the same they have just renamed it.
    For tanks well chaos has plenty of options there, predators, landraiders, havocs, obliterators, chosen, terminators, dreadnought, raptors and bikers can all take care of tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing that up.

Although the only place I see Chaos Glory mentioned in the Codex is telling me how many points it'll cost to have a unit bearing the mark... but not what it actually does

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Page 81 explains what each icon does, Chaos Glory is incredibly useful. Also in the boxed set, the Chaos Glroy icon is the one with the 8 pointed star with a cloth draped over the front and a skull of a guardsman ( Pretty coincidental, considering your main enemy is guard ) spiked on the top.

As to what to equip your squad with, I would personally say to take,
    Champion with Powerfist,
    Chaos Glory Icon,
    2x Plasma/Melta Guns ( Melta if he does go tank heavy )
    All in a Rhino.
    If you choose melta guns it comes out at 255 points for the entire squad.

If you run about 3 of this squad in 1,500 ( 2 in 1,000 ) then you will have a fair amount of units to hold objectives, and also be able to cause damage to your opponent.
    I also noticed you are playing Word Bearers, so I assume you will be using lesser daemons? If so you can get away with only two of that squad, as the lesser daemons provide sufficient troop choices to hold objectives.

Good luck with your army, hope to see a list up in the army lists section soon.

~Rippy~
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, so it is!!

Thanks a lot!

And yeah, from what I've read Bloodletters should be quite good at tearing up his infantry, but mainly just to keep the army fairly story-based, since I liked what I read about the Word Bearers, I do intend on using some daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Just remeber that you can't take real bloodletters as a csm you are limited to the summoned lesser and great deamons from the csm codex.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Ah yes, Dreachon beat me to it. You can only used summoned leser daemons, however you can still use the bloodletters model to represent them. The generic lesser daemons arent bad anyway, and if you put a swarm of them on an objective, then chances are the wont be moved for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, lucky you pointed that out...

So no matter what model I use, they all have the same characteristics described by the Lesser Deamons section in the Codex, yes?

Does that mean I could technically put a mish-mash of different deamons onto the field as my summoned Lesser Daemons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory yes you could due to how the stats are generic. But it would look weird on the field andwouldn't be very good fluff wise, Sue to how Daemons of a certain god fight their own squads. So Bloodletterers would be in one squad and Slaanesh Daemonnettes would be in their own, not in a mixed unit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

Of course, infact it could look very good. Are you planning on doing them as seperate squads (One lot of daemonettes, one lot of bloodletters, etc) or a squad that containts, say, 2 or 3 of each daemon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast