Converting and Khorne or Teezeach? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting and Khorne or Teezeach?

Hey i'm also starting a new chaos army and was wondering which army is better to play as Teezeach, Khrone or Black legion?

Also those anyone now how to convert space marines into chaos because i have a whole lot of space marines that i dont need!!

Death to the false emperor!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

adding spikes, trophies and stuff pretty much makes chaos marines out of loyalist ones. you could also make some that have a bolter and a chainsword each in one hand to represent ultra grit.

whether you play tzeentch, khorne or black legion is something that needs some time to decide. just start off with black legion if you can't decide yet. play a few games with thousand sons and khorne berzerkers and decide which colors you like the most. you can still decide later on which army to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer your first question:

If you have to ask you might as well start on a Black Legion army. That way you will already have the models to supplement whichever Traitor Legion you eventually pledge your undying loyalty to. One thing to keep in mind, too, is that I find the Traitor Legion armies to be more difficult to play though definitely more rewarding. Again, however, I would suggest you start with a good Black Legion core and move on from there, especially with the new codex. Somewhere down the line you then add in a squad of Berzerkers or Thousand Sons and see how you like 'em.

If the date you put into your form is correct, and you are indeed 14, that means you are starting a Chaos Space Marine army at the same age when I started my own. I can tell you from the personal experience of just such your situation that I wish I had someone tell me then what I just told you now. I originally started with a nice big Khorne army, but once I wanted to branch out it was a lot more difficult since all I had were a bunch of red melee freaks. I found my army was helped quite a bit once I got a nice amount of Black Legion to fill in where I needed, and I could have a lot more fun changing around how my army worked in-game.

Your second question:

If you are lucky enough to have a local store that has bins of bits to rummage through, that is your best bet. Your next best option would be to purchase some Chaos Marines and spread around the bits that are in there. Again, funny enough, I was in your very same situation when I started playing. My brother had a nice collection of regular, goody two-shoes Space Marines and I had to figure out how to fit them into my army. I found the bits can only add so much as they still look too clean no matter how many spikes you put on 'em. The best way to convert is to choose a proper painting style to augment your mods.

To start, take your hobby razor and make their armor look battle-hardened. You can do this by cutting chunks out, spinning the tip of the blade into their armor to make holes, and cutting gashes into their armor. Next, paint them like you would a regular Space marine and ignore the damage for now (paint over it still). Once that is finished, use a brown wash (buy the Games Workshop 'Flesh Wash') and just brush it all over the models. Then lightly dry-brush your original armor color over them and it makes this awesome "old, dirty armor" look. Then just drop globs of Red Gore paint on or around the armor damage, wait for it to dry, (highlight with a little Blood Red if you want) then lightly paint over the gore with Red Ink.

EDIT: Adding a bit of Chainmail metallic paint around the damage before you throw on the gore makes a nice torn-metal look.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it's actually quite fast and looks amazing. This is what I did to convert my old pile of Space Marines and I think it worked out great. My favorite was converting a dreadnought I had by gluing Space Marines onto its arms and cutting up some sprues, painting them to look like wooden stakes, then making the Marines look like they had been impaled upon the armor of the dreadnought.
    Last edited by TreeSapX; September 11th, 2008 at 11:27.
    "L'adace, l'adace, toujours ladace"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Don't give the enemy a moment to consider how badly they are being beaten.
    Never build defenses; let the enemy die in theirs.

"Audacity, audacity, always audacity"
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread