Much ado about dealing with terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Much ado about dealing with terminators

I play a pure infantry chaos list (see below) and it has gotten me an incredible win record but to be honest it an enemies terminators that seem to just decimate me. I'm of course refering to the assault type of any army imperial or chaos. Now my usual tactic is just to lash them then lay some plasma cannon goodness but my DP can't be everywhere and I am looking for any tactics or units other chaos players use to help destroy termies, mounted in LRs or otherwise.

My List FTR

HQ: 155
    Demon Prince (155): Wings, MoS, Lash of Submission

Troops: 1408
    8 Thousand Sons (259):
    Aspiring Sorcerer, DoomBolt, Meltabombs

8 Thousand Sons (259):
    Aspiring Sorcerer, DoomBolt, Meltabombs

10 Chaos Marines (225): Plasmagun, Heavy Bolter
    Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, IoCG

10 Chaos Marines (225): Plasmagun, Heavy Bolter

10 Chaos Marines (220 ): 2 Meltaguns

10 Chaos Marines (220 ): 2 Meltaguns

Heavy Support: 435
    3 Obliterators (225)

8 Havoks (210 ): 4 Missile Launchers, IoCG

Total: 1998

"Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter777 View Post
    I play a pure infantry chaos list (see below) and it has gotten me an incredible win record but to be honest it an enemies terminators that seem to just decimate me. I'm of course refering to the assault type of any army imperial or chaos. Now my usual tactic is just to lash them then lay some plasma cannon goodness but my DP can't be everywhere and I am looking for any tactics or units other chaos players use to help destroy termies, mounted in LRs or otherwise.
    Erm..I don't know about taking them down inside an armor 14 vehicle. Personally, I have a terrible weakness of only putting Plasma in my lists..so I can't bust anything bigger than 13 Or I'm the one using the A14 Vehicle(pff Necrons).
    Your list has 3 Oblits as you've showed..so what is the problem with LR's? Please expand on this I'm puzzled(they can form lascannons out of their hulking mass still right?).
    As for DSing Termies..they should be close enough to shoot to death. You could if desperate include either Chosen with 5 plas, or your own Terminators with combi-plas if you're willing to tweak a little. Same mentality with footslogging Ass Terms, just blow em up.

I am aware I just wrote the obvious down and waved it in your face..but maybe that's just what you need

For example(I know the chosen unit is really sub par, but you can fiddle with that):
    Chosen(213-231)
    6-7 Marines w/ 1x Plasmagun, 4x Combi-Plas, Icon of Nurgle
    See in this..if the Terminators deploy Infiltrate or wait, and in any other situation, just wait for them. The combi's keep the cost down by..40pts xD

Terminators(225) <-This ones more thought out
    5 Terminators w/ 5x Combi-Plas, 5x Lightning Claw
    Now this is very specialized, but in games where you don't face Terminators, can deal with other threats. But the idea is, if the plas doesn't deal, then the claws are fast enough to deal. with 15 Atks on the charge and re-roll wounds, you can decimate anything(which makes them useful in more than just Termie hunting).

I hope these two, rather poorly equipped, squads will spawn ideas for you and let you deal with your nemesis army of terminators

Peace

(Note to self: Play Deathwing when facing thedrifter)
    JOIN MY SQUAD IN THE SONS OF THE LIBRARIUM THREAD, I NEED TACTICAL MARINES! I PLAN TO CONVERT UP A SQUAD TO "COUNT AS" LoTD IN MY SMarine ARMY

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Ha thanks for the reply. Just in reference to the LR I should have clarified it simply as a means a of enemy transport as opposed, for example, to deepstriking or something, just in case people had different suggestions about tactics or strategies.

Well I used to run the 5 plasma chosen squad but I cut it out for another heavybolter/plasma regular squad, maybe I'll change it back.

Part of the reason for my question is that I've had entire flanks of my CSM devastated by nasty IC backed CC terminators and found that my standard chaos squads, as you can see above, really couldn't do much to stop them. With the new marine dex out soon with potential 3+ inval save termies 0.o, I wanted to get other Chaos players options for they deal with, or plan to deal with an enemies terminator forces.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I've always used plasma myself, though I've not all that much experience with it. I use Deep Striking Terminators with 4x Combi-Plasma, as well as charging on the next turn, since most termies you encounter have powerfists, there typically isn't much left.

A Lash sorcerer coordinating with a squad or somesuch could do some damage as well.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread