Night Lords Q(and Hopefully A) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, ive decided, night lords it is, i have a list already made, but I forgot to bring it, I'll prolly post it tommorrow. Ok, main questions I have about Night Lords, First one. In my list I have 2 squads of raptors, as for the modeling of the Aspiring champion, should I even use one, and if so, should I use demonic venom or lightning claws? I have a "veteran" squad, basically a 6 man squad of chosen w/ stealth adept, Infiltrate, and 2 heavy bolters. I am using a 1 man obliterator cult and a squad of havocs and thats all my "heavy" support. I have 2 ten man csm squads w/ furious charge in rhinos w/ mutated hulls. My command has a chaos lord w/ dark blade, Plas Pistol, bunch of demonic upgrades, w/ a 9 man chosen squad w/ furious charge in a rhino w/ a mutated hull. And to top it off I figured I'd have to use a bike squad so I have a 3-man decked out, its about 2000pts. So Should I be using all this stuff because it seems kinda pricey and I have very few models for the points. well, just a prelude to my list tommorrow cuz I'm bored here at work.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah night lords can get pretty pricy... if you see the numbers are pretty low try to add in 3 10 strong baisc squads. I usally deck out one with bolters and a heavy weapon, give them stealth adept, and let them be extra wounds for my havocs, give the others all pistols and a close combat weapon and put them in rhinos with a few upgrades. Don't go to happy spending points here though, maybe 600 points at most. This will give you a strong staying force of about 30 troops, and you can even add another squad too. As for your raptor ac questian, I perfer venom or talons, there both pretty useful, and alot cheaper then lit claws, which cost more then another raptor, or give him a power weapon, and with the bolt pistol that comes standard to them, so he has 3 save ignoring attacks(note though that the raptor Aspiring champ comes with lit claws modeled on him, but you can eaisly say thats venom or talons and paint them to show this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did i hear you say an obliterator is a heavy support? There elites. If you want to theme the army I wouldnt use them and also if you are theming i think that the less the better as thats what night lords are about a sergical strike at the right place with few troops to beat the enemy. I also want to say dont use the night lord models with the wings there terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well in the index astartes article about night lords it says they only attack when they know they can win with little resistance so max out the troopers and swarm over the enemy with them. take rocket launchers in your havocs squad, best hvy weapon in the game. and about those goofy helmets maybe only have the wings on the squad leaders and your lord.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

die
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Grand_Master_Emazrael@Jun 30 2003, 19:11
    Did i hear you say an obliterator is a heavy support? There elites.
    This is Xaero on another cpu, cuz it wont recognize my nick on this, but i used the special things such as quotations to state the (obvious) fact that they were indeed not a heavy support choice but yes, as stated in codex: chaos space marines, are an elites choice. And considering the fact that night lords lists (or mine at least) only uses one heavy support (havocs) and 4 fast attack (raptors and bikes), so I can stay w/ the theme of the army. Im sorry if I came off as rude but one thing an air traffic controller can not stand is someone disproving validity in that which was previously stated.
    But I was thinking of only keeping my infiltrate chosen, the "veterans" (there they were again, quotations), and getting my lord in w/ a csm squad in a rhino or give him term armour (maybe, not only am i not doing it due to the theme of the army but also because i hate the terminator models). I might just drop the chosen w/ the lord for another csm squad w/ rhino, and take out the lightning claws, and it might get me another bike or 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no dont use the wings ever ever ever ever. They are the worst models gameswork shop have come up with. They look like batman and even thought batman goes beyond he dosnt go to 40k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, i do agree w/ the wings, they are terrible, i may use the night lords aspiring champion model w/ the wings but thats about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I take the consensus is to drop the lord's retinue of 9 chosen for another squad of csm and a rhino?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm how can u take 2 hvy weapons for a 6 man tac squad?

Wow lots of assault guys here. Should give all your Rhinos smoke launchers and extra armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 6 man tac squad are my 6 man chosen squad that are one of my elites choice, for every third chosen, you can take 1 special weapon, I figured the mutated hull would be used instead so I could save some points, the raptors and bikes totally kill me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast