Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, what do we have that SMurfs doesn't? Please add when you find out more. With a little work we can get an Anti-SM Tactica going pretty fast. Quick Battle Reports can be featured here too, but please differentiate between poor dicerolling and lack of skill and how powered the units are and how they integrate.
Heres my two cents:
1. SMs can only have one land raider transporting termies, that means a total of 4 possible, wheereas we can have 6.
2. SMs are very limited in their terminator choices. Our termies are cheap, lethal and well equiped - expendable.
3. We have cult troops, nothing in the SM codex is as killy as Berzerkers or as tough as Plague Marines.
1. Combat tactics and ATSKNF combi nullifies our ubergrit.
2. Their Sternguards is as killy as our 1k Sons, but without the sorc and more versatile against other types of armies.
3. Free flamers and missile launchers (these two weapons contradict eachother and might ease our fear for dangerous heavies).
4. Razorbacks pack a punch themselves and carry annoying specialists. Very dangerous indeed.
5. Their Land Raiders carry 12 men or 6 termies. Those need to be stopped early. But our termies win in a fight as ours have better initiative or more attacks (due to icons).
Last edited by Mr_Wayne; October 4th, 2008 at 21:50.
"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"
in shooting we woulnt realy win but in cc we would dominate, the only chaos unit that would proby stand a stand off would be plauge marines but normal csm have a %30 chance in winning a shoot off so chaos get there strength in cc sm have theres in shooting
use feerless units since there scouts with snipers pin
try to get more numbers in your army? it works for nids against sm
4 flamers on a havoc sqaud AC/ combi flamer and a rhino with a flamer
its jaw dropping for them when you say your attacking with 6 flamers
umm or a havok with 4 reaper autocannons i know its expensive but 8 shots and you can re-roll missed shots since its twin linked and man that could wipe out half a squad of sm
always kill there good cc units before u go cc with them because if ur assaulting there devistaor sqaud and then a assault sm sqaud come join that wont be good
and/or plasma cannon or 2 might be usefull..................
Our characters can royally stomp loyalist ones for cheaper. Granted thats likely because theirs are much more of a "support" option now...
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes
o lol i thorght that they got reaper autocanon so only termies get that then?
Lash of submision
Thats about all we need to defeate the loyalist scum. if not we can always steal their wepons.
If the war by heavens gate released desire
In the line of fire someone must have known
That a human heart demands to be admired
Cuz in the center of the universe we are all alone
People forgot there combat squads power which pretty much negates there free weapon mix up but it increases there kill point potential and likliness to hold objectives.
We have had our codex for a year longer, thus, we are already skilled at using it.
There lack of invulnerable saves (save captains and assualt terminators) means they are no more resilient to shooting or combat than us.
We have larger squads roaming the battlefield, we can have two special weapons in each squad thus can focus better on removing our target race.
I for one will be pleased to see special weapons toting marines banned to the outer fringes. No more marines with a pair of plasma guns rapidfiring our brethren, No, that particular joy is reserved for us. Much like the five chosen of plasma doom. I know that flamers are harsh but there is something to be said for five rapidfiring plasmaguns infiltrating up close and personal like... or arriving on the back of a rhino...