Emperor's children - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor's children

I've been thinking about starting a CSM army(i've played eldar/sm before)

My choice was between death gurad+EC because they are my favorite trator legions. I chose EC however because i think their color scheme is more unique and noise weaponry is sweet.

I wanted to know if a emeperor's children army can be competitive.

What it seems like to me is a good assault army w/ a lot of firepower to back it up.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on a decent army? I was thinking atleast 2-3 squads of noise marines, maybe a terminator lord or sorc w/lash, and raptor squads.

Not too sure what to do for anti armor w/EC, prolly just havocs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i just found this out recently but one of the most fearsome HQ's out there is a slaanesh DP with lash of submission. I plan on using this in my new slaanesh army.

I intend to use plenty of small squads of Noise Marines with sonic weapons to lay down fire so heavy i can walk on it. This combined with raptors, obliterators i think will be a very competitive army.

I had DG, it's very strong at getting shot but now i want an army that is quicker and deadlier!

The Emperors Children are that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulvax View Post
    Well i just found this out recently but one of the most fearsome HQ's out there is a slaanesh DP with lash of submission. I plan on using this in my new slaanesh army.

I intend to use plenty of small squads of Noise Marines with sonic weapons to lay down fire so heavy i can walk on it. This combined with raptors, obliterators i think will be a very competitive army.

I had DG, it's very strong at getting shot but now i want an army that is quicker and deadlier!

The Emperors Children are that
    The Lash and the Sonic Weaponry are evil. The EC is a very powerful army, and can give a lot of damage. You just need to make sure where to apply said pressure.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

EC are a good force if used corretly.

I would suggest using sonic blasters and doom sirens and skipping the blastmasters out. Make sure you have either a few oblits, preds or havocs for anti tank.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? i thought the blastmaster was essential. Assault heavy bolter sounds kind of nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

It's actually much more useful in it's stationary mode. At least in my opinion. With the new scatter rules things have become a bit less functional, but even so. A small unit, you could use for fire support, is thus...

Noise Marines (x5)
    - 4x Sonic Blasters
    - Blastmaster

Can be used for light tank busting, as well as infantry (light or heavy) control. (Give credit to this formation to Mr. Rabbit)

My suggestion is that if you're taking Blastmasters, take it on a unit like this - you'll want the Sonic Blasters and Doom Sirens up in your enemy's business and causing damage with those and Champions - a Blastmaster on the move all the time is a waste for it's points.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I am starting to lose interest in the blastmasters. The scatter can hurt if you are playing an assault EC army (which I do). Doomsiren however = dead marines. Just watch their faces when you say it doesn't allow cover saves.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

569 (x7)

I've been working on an Emperors Children army. Can be found here

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/projects/133672-aeroplane-s-slaanesh-chaos-army-wip.html

My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i actually use every cult marine in my ard boyz list although in my 1850 i use two units of 8 noise marines with sonic blasters and the do rediculos ammounts of damage, especually agaist hord armies.
    Chaos W/D/L 48/12/18 almost retired
    Orks W/D/L 13/0/0 Still going strong
    Space Marins in the making (Salamanders)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys, im gonna pick up some noise marines this week. Ill probably run havocs with 2 ML/2LC for antiarmor.

What do you guys think about armor in this type of army? should i get preds/vindicators/defilers?

I've just put together a chaos terminator lord(mostly for looks) and he is coming along nicely. I cut the Axe+staff in half that the box comes w/ and made a halberd looking axe weapon(will probably be a blissgiver). BTW is blissgiver worth the points?
    Last edited by l3laze; October 9th, 2008 at 06:26.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast