What HQ do you use and why? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What HQ do you use and why?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Special Character

11 10.38%
  • Demon Prince

59 55.66%
  • Sorcerer

28 26.42%
  • Chaos Lord

36 33.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

What HQ do you use and why?

I'd like to see what other chaos players are using for their HQ choices, what they deck them out with, and why they do so.

Personally for me its a Demon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, and Lash. Good, cheap, simple, irritating.

"Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I primarily use Lords and Daemon Princes. My main DP has wings and MoK. A few of the lords I use are TDA/Daemon weapon, LC pair/MoS or MoK, TDA/MoN/Daemon weapon. I use sorcerers occasionally, but I find the weapon options available to the lords more worthwhile than the sorcerer's powers. I prefer cheap effective lords over expensive powerful ones. That being said, I have the models for Abbadon, Khârn and Typhus, though I have yet to try the latter two in this codex.
    "Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

I also use a Daemon Prince as my first choice for HQ.

I use 2 configurations mostly, the first one is a DP with wings and Wind of Chaos for a cheap and effective DP. He's a there to support troops mainly and act as a counter charge character.

The second configuration I use is not as cheap but it's quite effective. I give my DP wing, the Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change and Warptime. I use him as a support for my troops but also he's a tank killer. There's nothing like a Monstruous creature to open up a tank. In Apocalypse games I use 2 of those to destroy Baneblades and they are quite effective... also a 4+ invul. save on such a character is quite good.

For Apocalypse games I almost always take Abaddon. There's no match against him, he killed Gazkull a couple in one on one combat of times already and all sort of Space Marine Champions, Captains and Lords. He's worth his points but he is for game of 3000 pts and more.
    Last edited by Thyr; October 7th, 2008 at 01:58.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I take Lords in most of my lists, typically a Khornate with lightning claws...sometimes on a Juggernaut and occasionally even with Bloodfeeder. My old-school Kai Gunner sees plenty of action, too. Otherwise, I bring two winged Daemon Princes, either Khornate or with Wind of Chaos. I love the Princes but the new LoS rules are brutal for our fragile (for monstrous creatures) DPs.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I like sorcerers, they have a fair bit of flexibility and depending on spells are not too expensive.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh Chaos Lord
    Wings
    Blissgiver
    melta bombs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Sorc, mainly fluff, though a giant dude in terminator armour on a disc looks damn awesome as a model..
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulvax View Post
    Slaanesh Chaos Lord
    Wings
    Blissgiver
    melta bombs
    How does that work out for you? I'd always thought the blissgiver to be highly situational given it's low strength, so I'm hesitant to try it.
    "Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men." - Jean Rostand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Lord with Jumppack/Twin Lightning Claws melta bombs and MoS. Only playing less than 1000point games against marines currently so he is designed to go character hunting and picking off combat squads. Horribly vulnerable to concentrated fire and krak misslies though so in bigger battles he will have a nice big squad of Raptors backing him up.

On the way is a Lord on foot (no idea how that will work) and 2 Daemon Princes both with MoS and Warptime though I may experiment with various MoT combinations. Princes wont be used together in the same battle and wont be given Lash. Ive a winged Sorcerer in the pipeline that can be used for that if I ever do decide to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terminator sorceror with warptime, deepstrike with 5 terminators. i can kill a tac squad a turn with them (assuming range and whatnot)
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast