hmm i wonder? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmm i wonder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i wonder?

i just had a strange thought, y do chaos space marines have to be spiky and dark, i mean come on guys. why is it always the good guys are in white and bad guys in black. it just undermines the cunning of chaos right? and its never so clear cut in the 40k universe, people are just to cunning, well this is my kinda new army concept, just off the top of my head i think a deamon prince is a must (have to show some signs of decay) a small force of trusted comrades (these are going to be the handsome guys in white power armour looking very regal and noble) and a commander in cheif(another white handsome heroic looking guy) now keeping spikes to a minimum here.

now i think corruption has to come from somewhere so ahrim would be a nice addition and helps to explain the presence of a demon prince, now im stuck. keeping in mind the concept behind the force, what would you suggest i add now?

ok, so heres the whole story. a leader gets seduced by a mysterious figure (ahrim) who convinces him that he needs to get a couple trusted friends and destroy the sickness in the rest of his chapter. i.e get a book from the vaults that is corrupting the chapters elite, of course he has to give this book to ahrim so it can be destroyed (sounds alot like ahrim huh?) and then the kinda good guys are stuck in the middle so to cover things up bring in chaos forces and slaughter their chapter.

i think that makes sense, so any help would be nice. thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having "clean cut" CSM; you could just use regular marine models. The only thing you need to worry about is that CSM-specific gear like Icons are still represented in such a way that your opponents will have no trouble with any sort of "counts as" issues.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

The whole concept of white = good, black = evil is because we have all decided it to be this way. It's just colors. And besides, chaos, imo, does not consider itself "evil". Human beings are hotwired to feel that they are good, not evil, especially when they are convinced of their own cause.

The word bearers are bringing enlightenment to the huddled masses. The Black Legion is fighting to avenge the death of their fatherfigure. etc etc
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In turn Chaos feel they where betrayed and forsaken by the Emperor, Horus was tricked into thinking the Emperor intended to cast him aside and descent to godhood. Chaos are vengeance, neither evil nor good.

The fact remains the same, both sets of marines kill because they are told to by a higher power

Chaos: Gods
    Loyalists: God-Emperor

I'll happily kill for the gods because unlike the Emperor they give me all that i desire

SLAANESH!

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Heh... I've been considering going the opposite route and using SM rules with my CSM army. I'd call them "recent converts".
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say aslong as they look chaosy, new chaosy would be fine such as a few emblems or marks. My EC are based on the original children, skin hanging from their armour, seeking perfection and so on so im not really into the new marines.

good plan tho

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Sounds like a nice plan. Good luck painting smooth beautiful white!

Loads of terminators is what I would suggest.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help i am going to use space marine parts but with a defaced shoulder guard (crossed out aquila) and i have a couple chaos ones lying around somewhere which i think would look nice a different colour maybe red for a small sense of unity. I don’t want them sticking out like a sore thumb.

I hadn’t even thought about any 'counts as' issues, im sure i can find a way around it. I think im gunna have to use the actual part from chaos just to save me from all that converting. Im saving the conversions for my centre pieces but im sure a small conversion here and there wont hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    Sounds like a nice plan. Good luck painting smooth beautiful white!

Loads of terminators is what I would suggest.

Dan
    Yeh getting a perfect white is such a pain and im a bit of a perfectionist so that may take awhile i will do it though even if it takes me a year lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    Heh... I've been considering going the opposite route and using SM rules with my CSM army. I'd call them "recent converts".
    Wow that would be a strange game eh pysan. CSM that look like normal space marines and you the opposite, could be really confusing for anyone watching lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast