Played Vs. new marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Played Vs. new marines

Just played my Epidemius list vs new SM codex. He was playing the special salamander character that rerolls melta and flamers. His list was:

drop pod with a squad of marines with a multi melta/flamer
    2 rhinos with the same i believe
    Land Raider redeemer
    land raider
    terminator with the special character
    thunder hammer/storm shields
    scouts with sniper rifles
    and i think 3 speeders with heavy flamers or multi meltas maybe both or mixed i forget

Take and Hold Scenario. He went first, I got the half I didnt choose. 3 objectives/ Set up was table quarters.

This is not too detailed the first few turns were just me DS away from the objectives and crawling towards them. He kept things pretty spread out amongst the 3.

His first turn he moved 12 inches on all his vehicles putting 1 LR on first objective and a rhino and the other LR and rhino went to 2nd objective and he landed a drop pod on 3rd objective. The speeders went full speed. Seemed he just wanted to put his stuff as far forward and spread out to prevent some deepstriking close to him.

I had a mishap trying to land some nurglings by his drop pod unit and rolled a 2 lost them but not a huge loss. I lost 2 pbs deepstriking into terrain. But got my icon about 24 inches from 1st objective and 40 inches from 2nd objective and 36 inches from 3rd.

His turn 2 he started in on my beasts of chaos and i lost 2 beasts and about 3 nurglings.

My turn 2 I got all but 2 demon princes from reserve. Landed them all next to icon but the 1 demon prince i landed and scored a hit next to a cluster of marines on the objective 1 with a the scouts. AoD killed 2 marines and 1 scout, BoC took out 4 more marines and glanced the rhino they were unloaded from and got 2. Ku'gath missle took out 2 more marines from the same squad. The rest of my units moved and ran.

Turn 3 he put alot of firepower into the demon prince and kugath and some pbs. Demon prince took 2 wounds and kugath took 1 and i lost 1 wound from a beast and about 5 pbs.

My turn 3 got both the remaining demon princes and landed them by an icon with epidemius heading to objective 3. The 1st demon prince assaulted the a LR and it had stood and fired everything so I did 5 auto hits and rolled 2 pens and 1 glance getting a 4 and 5 pen. Blowing it up. My nurgling units assaulted the scouts at objective 1 and the other unit of nurglings assaulted the marines from the drop pod on objective 3. The pbs and epidemius moved and then ran.

His turn 4 he pumped more shots into the demon prince and finished it off and put 2 more wounds on kugath a few more pbs died.

My turn 4 I assaulted some land speeders with pbs and killed it. killed another 2 land speeders with my 2 demon princes and moved closer to objective 2 and 3. Got a unit of PBs to be scoring on objecitve one with 5 nurglings.

On turn 5 he had one objective uncontested. I had 2, one was contested by a LR, other was contested by his drop pod.

Went to turn 6, I now have eliminated the drop pod and now I have 1 objective he has one and he is contesting my unit of PBs on the 3rd

Turn 7, I killed his only troop remaining that was scoring. I now contest 1 with ku'gath and 2 demon princes, He has my pbs contested with LR and I control one objecive with Epidemius/15 remaining PBs.

This is the best of my knowledge. His remaining units were:

Land Raider with his HQ/ terminators in it

My remaining units:
    1 wound beast
    6/10 pbs
    5/6 nurglings
    2 untouched demonprinces
    3 wounds Ku'gath
    15/20 pbs
    Epidemius
    4/10 pbs.

He told me he has played 5 games in 5th with his marines and most games it gave him an idea of what to add/remove. He said there was nothing really he could see to add or remove to make this list better while still being a well rounded list.

Making this List:
    3 Wins- 0 Draw- 0 Loss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Thanks for the report!

I don't understand his list though... where are his troops?? He'll never be able to easily control objectives. And speaking of lists, where is yours? ;) "My Epidemius list" isn't as descriptive as one might think :P At least there's somewhat of a list at the end, but still, I would like a more complete list with gifts and all...

Also, how was it for you that Epidemius came and started his tally only in turn 3? Did you had time to rack up the points on it enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lode View Post
    Thanks for the report!

I don't understand his list though... where are his troops?? He'll never be able to easily control objectives. And speaking of lists, where is yours? "My Epidemius list" isn't as descriptive as one might think At least there's somewhat of a list at the end, but still, I would like a more complete list with gifts and all...

Also, how was it for you that Epidemius came and started his tally only in turn 3? Did you had time to rack up the points on it enough?

HQ:
    Epidemius-110

Ku'Gath-300

Troops:
    Plaguebearer x20-instrument-Icon-335
    Plaguebearer x10-instrument-Icon-180
    Plaguebearer x10-150

Nurglings x6-78
    Nurglings x6-78
    Nurglings x6-78

Elites:
    Beast of Nurgle-35
    Beast of Nurgle-35
    Beast of Nurgle-35

Heavy Support:
    Demon Prince-Ironhide-MoN-AoD-BoC-CoF-195

Would split them:
    Epidemius/Ku'Gath/20 pb unit/3 demon princes/10 PB
    10 Unit/BoN/BoN/BoN/Nurglings/Nurglings/Nurglings

He had 3 tactical squads, 1 in a drop pod 2 in rhinos and scouts with sniper rifle so he had 4 troops. My original post was not specific enough, when i said his rhinos had the same I ment same as what the drop pod was carrying.

He had:

Tactical Squad w rhino
    Tactical Squad w rhino
    Tactical squad in drop pod
    Scouts with sniper rifle

Salamander Special character with terminators in LR
    Terminators with storm shield and thunder hammers in LR redeemer
    3 or 4 land speeders with heavy flamers or multi meltas I forget

basically everything had meltas or flamers so they got to reroll to hit or in flamers reroll wounds.
    Last edited by Tyrius; October 15th, 2008 at 05:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Nasty list. Try throwing some flamers of tzeentch instead of the beasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Well if they were flamers of nurgle maybe. Right now they are just to count as a unit so I can load up my first assault. If I put any non nurgle unit in I would consider the masque for the pavanes or some screamers for AV14. Its about 80% marine players, 90% of the people here have space marines and now with nex codex everyone is running tons of vehicles and almost every list has at least 2 land raiders.

+ Reply to Thread