bow before Epidemius - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bow before Epidemius

I'm running an all nurgle list right now and it is fantastic. So far the best moments have been a single nurgling base kill an avatar, and 2 beasts of nurgle killing 5 grey knight terminators. Only once has the great Episemius been threatend (by a full tau stealth team outflanking) and a full volley failed to even scratch him. Then they got cut Anyone else have a try with the fat man in the high-chair yet?

"Vengance for the ultamate betrayal....Vengance for a fathers betrayal of his son. FOR THE NIGHT HAUNTER!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not of yet but he looks sick. Wounding on 2 etc is fricken awesome. I could see a 2000pt list with winged nurgle princes racking up the tally with swathes of plaguebearers making a mockery of avatars, carnifexes etc
    "I did my first model at the age of 7"

Wow. When I first read that I misinterpreted it. Bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I have been running an all nurgle list for a bit. I seem to struggle for kill points missions if the player gets some early kills in and runs, but overall its a very sturdy competitive list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find that its best to run the deamon prince with just the mark of nurgle and the noxious touch gift. they work great for racking up the kills in the first wave, but always seem to be the main fire magnets so I try not to waist points upgrading them. iron hide is the only option that I would otherwise consider but only for bigger games
    "Vengance for the ultamate betrayal....Vengance for a fathers betrayal of his son. FOR THE NIGHT HAUNTER!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

how do you get kills with no shooting and just noxious touch? I have got my tally to 15 with BoC and AoD on my first turn. I dont see how a daemon prince with no shooting will do any good as they will get shot to pieces afterwards and if you wanna try marching them forward or even get them into combat by dropping them close you wont do anything towards your tally until turn 3....I think you may misunderstand how the tally or demons work. If you drop a melee unit on turn one you won't get any kills with it til turn 2 and you can't benfit from the tally until your next begining of turn so you won't have anything til the min. turn 3. I aim to have the tally maxed by turn 2-3. I don't know how large or small of games you are speaking of. I usually play 2k points. For epidemius you want 2 types of units:

1. Units who rack up the tally quickly: Ku'gath/Demon princes with BoC or DG/ Herald of N with BoC. I just use Ku'Gath and 3 demon princes w/AoD/BoC/IH/MoN.

2. Lots of units who benefit from the tally: Nurglings Plaguebearers Beasts. I use 3 beasts as solo units and 3 units of 6 nurglings/ 20 PB unit with icon/ 10 PB unit with Icon/ 10 PB unit

I dont upgrade any of my units but the demon princes as all the bonuses you get from the tally anyway. This is how I split my force:

1. Ku'gath/Epidemius/Dp/Dp/Dp/ 20 PBs/10 PBs
    2. Nurglings/Nurglings/Nurglings/10PB w/icon/beast/beast/beast

It dominates the objective based missions and it can still win for KPs as the beasts can be dropped off somewhere where they are not just free KPs. I have lost one game vs a space marine player who brought 4 twin linked Lascannons which is kinda overkill and pretty worthless in 5th edition so he was able to hit my beasts from halfway across the board. He won 10-6 which 3 were my beasts. Also he killed ku'gath with only putting 8 wounds on him i failed 6/8 of his amazing save. Winged Demonprinces would be benificial for some faster armies but are not as neccassary for 2/3 of the missions.
    Last edited by Tyrius; October 22nd, 2008 at 00:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with everything in the army being so hard to kill, the DP hardly ever gets killed before he gets to charge something and make his points back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's crucial for DPs to have flight in a epi list or any mostly/all nurgle list as they are what will get things rolling for you. And can chase down those runners or faster units.

Also having enough nugling bases/units to get around and tie things up and hold in place. Then they start to own once the tally get's going.

Heralds with BoC can help rack up some kills for the tally.

Just some thoughts.

I don't even run nurgle, though my friend I have seen win numerous games with nurgle only, both with and without epi because he likes to go against the 'you must have units' idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Its not so much they won't get to charge its that you are giving up 3 turns of the tally to just have them assault, and the points spent to give your DPs a shooting attack is easily made back in the kills they will make.

You get to shoot the turn you DS in and then you get to shoot the turn you assault. Noxious touch will be free for all your units by turn 2 if you get lots of shooting kills turn 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear ya, just posting what I have seen work. I personally run a Tzeentch heavy list so I likes me some shooting first and every turn after that.

With the flight, they can chase down stuff you would otherwise be watching slowing move away with your S&P cepting the lings.

I think BoC is hard to pass up anywhere you can get it. I run as many groups of 3 flamers in my lists as I can fit in and still have decent stuff elsewhere.

AoC is solid, just not hitting often against MEQs from the looks of it. I might run both BoC, AoC and flight to try, though you lose a lot of pts for the flight.

I dunno, currently I don't run flight on my tzeentch DPs though, as said I likes me some shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I am gonna give demonic flight a try i dropped the beasts and slimmed down my nurglings. There is so many times a 12 inch move would have helped alot on my dps, well in general it helps to give them flight to make up for the rest of your armies inablity to maneuver. I have yet to have a game where I was like geez i wish i had more nurglings or those beasts did a good job. The points invested in the demon princes is alot but would making them that more flexible I think should pay off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast