Demonic Assault - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demonic Assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Demonic Assault

Never considered this before if your herald joins a unit before deepstriking is the unit counted as 1 unit or 2 in regards to equaling out the 2 sides IE:

Herald of Khorne
    Bloodthirster

Bloodletters
    Bloodletters
    Bloodletters
    Bloodletters
    Bloodletters

DP
    DP
    DP

Can it be split: HoK w/bloodletters-Bloodthirster-Dp-Dp-Dp
    2nd Wave Bloodletters-Bloodletters-Bloodletters-Bloodletters

I have never had the 2 waves be completely equal before attaching a herald to a unit so it was just rounded up. I am thinking the herald and bloodletters would be seperate units for splitting it equal but then could be joined before deepstriking them if they were in the same half. So in this case a DP would have to go 2nd half

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can and Page 27 First paragraph not in italics for DA is pretty clear on this one per ICs joining etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

thx, just read it. Was thinking up an army list without my codex was put up and was in the room with my wife sleeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

women... They don't have enough respect for this hobby...
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Men don't have respect for beutysleep
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

I do, thats why I didnt go in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy who won the 'Ard Boyz semi in Greenville, SC, played a Herald of Khorne with Juggernaut attached to a squad of 4 Bloodcrushers. 5 more Bloodcrushers. 2 Soul Grinders with Phlegm and the rest of his army was full of Bloodletters. I've been hearing of people taking nothing but a Herald for their HQ and running winning lists. The more I play this army in 40k, the more I'm glad all my greater daemons are on square bases because they just don't seem too good in this game. Too many guns that make a mockery of their toughness or any attempt to stay out of range.

If you're really worried about vehicles then think about this... each squad of Bloodletters can have a model with Rending, they have a higher strength when they charge and they hit on rear armor. Basically they're a threat to even a Land Raider if you roll enough 6's. Bloodcrushers have a higher Strength and can have a model with Rending as well. Soul Grinders absolutely crush vehicles in CC. So everything in that guy's army is a threat to vehicles and he didn't run a single MC. He just ran a vast amount of Bloodletters and from what I hear he ran away with the tournament... massacre in every game he played.

I played an army with some slight similarities to his last night but I used Plaguebearers alongside my Bloodletters. I had some Flamers instead of Bloodcrushers since I only own 2 crushers atm. I also used one DP since I only have 1 Soul Grinder atm. My DP was gone at the end of the 2nd turn with only 5 Marines on his kill tally and my Soul Grinder got wrecked from a lucky Lascannon shot. I was still able to take out 3 out of 4 of my opponent's tanks with nothing but Bloodletters and my squad of Flamers. Overall my Bloodletters did most of the work in that army so even though I was skeptical of the heavy Bloodletter list with no MCs, I became a believer when I stopped playing Theoryhammer and tried them in a game of Warhammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been going back and forth on MCs vs more troops, it's like a whole squad for the same price as most of the greater Daemons and the GD will prlly not last more than a couple turns. Where the troops have enough Ws to last a while even with lower T.

I am wondering how one guy in a unit of BLs makes for any decent tank hunting ability. Maybe a unit of Deamonettes, this I have used to take out rhinos for sure.

MCs on the other hand tend to pop vehicles pretty easily, it's like having a can opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can give rending to 1 Bloodletter in each squad. That's a glancing hit on a Land Raider on a charge and alot of sixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 guy and 4A...sounds kinda like a total hail mary to me. I guess you could get lucky, I would not count on it.

You have to first hit, then wound with a 6 and hit a 3 on the rend. GL, that is only glancing. Worth it if that is your only target I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast