Predators without Sponsons viable? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Predators without Sponsons viable?

I'm in the process of building up a Night Lords army and I've been trying to write up a few lists and one thing that came to mind was some cheap sponsons-less predators. For 80 points I was thinking a predator with an autocannon, twin-linked bolter and dirge caster. Is there any way that's worth it? 3 of them will run me less than a typical 10 man squad in a rhino for some good long range and mobile hitting power. I think it kind of fits the Night Lords too. Move up destroying light armour and such then get into range to tank shock at -1 leadership. So really does it sound worthwhile or is it a case of looks pretty good on paper... but no. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Last edited by Zeruel13; November 3rd, 2008 at 06:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I don't have my dex on me, but maybe you'd be better off, as the title suggested, without the bolters, and just the autocannon, it sounds like a cool idea, and in a small points game, I think some armies may struggle to take down 3 13 AV tanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's a viable idea if you have no other plans for your Heavy slots. I admit I've never experimented with dirge caster but think the Obliterator's weapon selection would prove more useful. Keep the bolter, not for shooting but for a second destroyable weapon...helps prevent "Weapon destroyed" from upgrading to "Immobilized".
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread