Land Raider in a 1000 point list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Land Raider in a 1000 point list?

I am trying to figure out if it is at all feasible to put a Raider in a 1k list. The point cost is super high, but I almost don't want to send my terminators out onto the field without one. Any thoughts on this would be most helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Short answer, No.
    Long answer, Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But in all seriousness, I would be loathe to spend almost 1/4 of your points on a single model, that can die to a lucky missile launcher shot. The terminators can teleport down, although this may leave them open for a turn. Are your Terminators setup as shooting or close combat?
    If they are Close Combat, I would give each a combi weapon, such as a combi plasma or melta, so that the turn they come down they can cause some damage rather than just standing there stupidly, if they are shooting I daresay they already have combi weapons, and so do not need to worry about this.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

I use 5 Termies w/ combi plasmas mostly. I almost allways end up getting screwed on deep strikes and due to murphies law, I end up rolling an unprobable amout of ones when to hit with my plasmas. They are some of my favorite models and would love for them to be effictatious in my path to glory. My freinds and I most often run 1000 point games and I am thinking about scrapping them for something esle with a lower point cost.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by ZMB View Post
    I use 5 Termies w/ combi plasmas mostly. I almost allways end up getting screwed on deep strikes and due to murphies law, I end up rolling an unprobable amout of ones when to hit with my plasmas. They are some of my favorite models and would love for them to be effictatious in my path to glory. My freinds and I most often run 1000 point games and I am thinking about scrapping them for something esle with a lower point cost.
    Have you tried using icons to stop them scattering? Stick squads with icons in rhinos, and when the terminators are ready to come they can come within 6" of the icon (Or the rhino that its in, if its still in the rhino) without scattering.
    he combi plasmas are part of the 'Karmoon Special' squad, which is once of the most popular Terminator combinations on this forum, and it works well. Bad luck with the 1s on the combi plasmas, keep at it and may you be blessed by the dice gods.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Do you take any icons? Id suggest investing in these for all your squads, even if its just glory or personnel icons. seriously saves the skin on my combi plas termies.

Dan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    Do you take any icons? Id suggest investing in these for all your squads, even if its just glory or personnel icons. seriously saves the skin on my combi plas termies.

Dan
    Listen to this man, he is definately one of our top Chaos Players, and quite possibly our master on terminators.

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

I do have a IoS on one of my CSM sqauds. I thought that you could only use personal icons for deep striking units

to get back on trackthough...

how large of any army would warrent a Land Raider and a cardre of terminators?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

I think you want Icons in every squad, nomatter what kind, and yes you can only use personal icons for deep striking units (Other than raptors, lords, sorcerors and Daemon Princes), and a terminators teleporting IS deep striking.

You could get away with it in 1,500 I suppose, assuming that you have atleast 3 roughly 10 man troops choices in rhinos to grab objectives and keep the attention away from being fully on the LR, but to be totally honest, I would leave it untill 2,000 points. Also, if your terminators are with combi plasmas, I still think that the deep sriking is the way to go, and just use the land raider to transport a close combat squad (Maybe 10 berzerkers, or 9 chaos marines, with a powerfist, IoK, a melta gun, and an attached lord/sorceror? Taking full advantage of the 'charging out of a land raider' ability.)
    Last edited by Riptor; November 9th, 2008 at 00:30.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I had that happen to me once, he fit a land raider in a 750 point game, and even with all my missile launchers and lascannons i didnt get through.

its very frustrating and a little cheesey i'd say.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

I have no objection to a Land Raider in 1,000 points, either my own or the opponent's. It would be mostly a one-trick pony but, well, most 1K lists are like that anyway.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast