Khorne vs Space Marines. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne vs Space Marines.

I was just wondering if any of you out there use mainly khorne lists against space marines as i was thinking of starting a chaos army which focused of Khorne. What success do you have and what problems do you come up against?

And does anyone have any pictures for converted Kharn models as I would love to use him in my army but I dislike the model.
    Is the head removable? because if so I think I might move it onto one of the other chaos models who are wielding an axe like Huron or tghe new Khorne lord model.

I'm Useless :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Khorne is a good choice against marines. It enhances our already massive amount of attacks. I have wiped out marines units on the charge with berserkers. Though an all berserker army may not be the best thing as you got nothing to do fire support. Khorne is useless if you dont get into close combat.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Predators backing up rhino mounted bezerkers always works. Also, small biker units with meltguns or plasma guns work well. Obliterators aren't a bad thing either.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to your question about Kharn, his head is seperate from the body as is his pack, his gun, and I think his axe as well... I really can't remember

And like others have said, Khorne shines in close combat. Unfortunately not only do we know this, but so do our enemies. If I don't have my berzerkers moving from cover to cover they're the main target of all my friends. If I don't get lucky on some saves, i'm lucky if I have 3 berzerkers left for the charge.

plasma spam is not fun when you're running berzerkers up. Just try to keep your head down and stay in cover and on the charge, you should be able to cut anything down.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

As long as you don't insist upon an all Berserker army, you should do just fine. Regular CSM with an Icon of Khorne will pound SMurfs almost as well as Berserkers and still have their bolters and the ability to take Missile Launchers, Plasma Guns and such.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    As long as you don't insist upon an all Berserker army, you should do just fine. Regular CSM with an Icon of Khorne will pound SMurfs almost as well as Berserkers and still have their bolters and the ability to take Missile Launchers, Plasma Guns and such.
    True, but on the charge normal CSM don't have 1 more strength, Initiative and WS than Marines, Berzerkers do.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

You cant always guarantee the charge though with Bezerkers so its not a bad back up plan to have a standard CSM squad to hand for fire support. You can always give them the IoK as well. (very underrated option for CSM squads imo)
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick note on Kharn, yes the head is seperate. Ive been pondering a Kharn conversion myself, love the fluff and the character but the model is just too 'static'. To me Kharn should always look like he's

a) about to kill something

b) has just killed something

c) in the process of killing something

I was thinkin of the following

Kharns head
    running bezerker legs and body
    bezerker plasma pistol (kharns pistol is too rounded)
    shoulder pads from the forgeworld khorne upgrade set
    gorechild made from one or more forgeworld chainaxes
    for his axe arm i was considering the arm from the leader of the new ork warbike set, might be too big though
    and I've found a warhammer fantasy arm that has two chains hanging off it with hooks on the end, would look good attached to the wrist chains on the axe arm.

feel free to steal any ideas, I've yet to collect these parts myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

If you look on the GW website or the catalog at your local store, you'll see there are three Khorne Champions who I think look pretty good.

As a general rule, Berzerkers destroy Space Marines, but, I am not sure I'd go all Khorne, some good old bolters and plasmaguns work pretty well too.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    As long as you don't insist upon an all Berserker army...
    That's odd, because in my experience, CSM with IoK perform rather poorly when compared to berzerkers. It's true that you cannot guarantee the charge, but I found out that I got the charge alot more often then I used boltguns and even without the charge, KB perform alot better in combat. Hitting on 3+ makes *alot* of difference, especially the times when you do get the charge and using heavy weapons in a unit of IoK CSM kinda feels like something you'd save for a shooty army in need of a countercharge unit rather than a pure Khorne army.

But then, I play very agressively with my mechanised World Eater army. Fearless is great to avoid getting pinned when your rhino gets shot at and ideally, by the time you disembark, you'd be in chargerange - where you might aswell discard your bolters in favour of a good charge.

No, if you want special weapons in a unit with IoK, I'd suggest using Raptors or even combi-weapon terminators.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast