budget bloodcrushers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

budget bloodcrushers

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make cheap bloodcrushers, cause i was thinking take the WHFB chaos knights horses and put 'letters on em with round bases, but i dunno if thats legal 'cause i would be changing the base size... any ideas?/illumination to this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I bought a box of letter and a box of undead dire wolves and just put the letters on the wolves. (need a little green stuff for some of the letters as they have odd stances but not to bad) In friendly games it doesnt matter the size of the base but I believe for tournies you can only use the proper size bases or bigger ones but smaller ones are not ok.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Chaos steeds seem suitably beefy, but nothing matches the awesomeness of the Jugger.

One idea I had was to go for something like a cyberdaemon, half Bloodletter half vehicle. Take a Bike or small vehicle and fuse it with a BL Soul Grinder style. Suitably big and scary and very Khorney.

For ==My== sprue Daemons I'm not sure how to make a BC. I'm thinking making a solid block with a sprueletter on top, just to get the sheer 'ardness across.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru View Post
    I bought a box of letter and a box of undead dire wolves and just put the letters on the wolves. (need a little green stuff for some of the letters as they have odd stances but not to bad) In friendly games it doesnt matter the size of the base but I believe for tournies you can only use the proper size bases or bigger ones but smaller ones are not ok.
    lol, my friend did the same thing... kind of. Same ingredients, but a slightly different approach. He took the upper body of the Bloodletters and placed them in the head socket of the Dire Wolves, and filled in the gaps with a little bit of Green Stuff. Oddly enough, they actually required very little altering to make it appear natural (if that can really ever be said of something that came from the Warp), and it was definitely scary enough to serve as a good BC alternative. Another alternative is to have a unit of Bloodletters giving each other piggy back rides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Just to note, if you're going to make your own Bloodcrushers, make sure they go on the proper (monster) bases. Otherwise you'll run into the problem of having too small bases to give yourself an advantage (cheating).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Just to note, if you're going to make your own Bloodcrushers, make sure they go on the proper (monster) bases. Otherwise you'll run into the problem of having too small bases to give yourself an advantage (cheating).
    Yeah I had to order some but I was using the bases for the dire wolves for awhile and didnt find anyone that minded it in friendly games. Yes it is much easier to deepstrike them but a plasma can hit more then 1 of you, where on the monster bases it is almost impossilbe.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

+ Reply to Thread