What do you give your Terminators? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you give your Terminators?

I have purchased some Terminators and was wondering what you guys give them?
    Thanks in Advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Most common (And effective) setup we have found is dubbed the 'Karmoon Special'.

The basic setup for this is:
    4 Terminators,
    3 Combi Plasmas,
    One with Heavy Flamer and Powerfist.
    Comes out at a neat 150 points.

Variations include dropping the heavy flamer for another combi plasma, upping the powerfist to a chainfist, adding 1/2 more combi plasma terminators.
    This setup has the terminators deep strike in on an icon in your army, near the enemy, double tap their combi plasmas, fire the heavy flamer, and then stand to soak up the returning fire. If they are not killed next turn they walk around burning closely bunched troops. The powerfist is if they get charged by a walker/monstrous creature/ insta killable IC.

Another setup that seems to be creeping in is 4/5 terminators with combi meltas, and possibly a powerfist. They deep strike, pop a tank, then run amok.
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was thinking of giving them a Reaper Autocannon and some Combimeltas and run amok Popping my friends' tanks.... I dont use Icons in my normal CSM squads because I just have the old box set and a friend gave me 10 CSM. Would there be a way to remedy this problem without buying a box of CSM?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Icons can be made easy enough. Near anything can represent an icon.
    Alternatively ask around locally see if any space marine players have spare back banners from their sergeants, these make great chaos icons.
    The Reaper Autocannon is generally agreed as being sub par now, unfortunately, I know I personally would rather have another combi weapon or a heavy flamer on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well one of my CSM has this little Chaos Star on his Backpack, could I use that as an Icon?
    Well I was planning on using my Terminators to kill/ destroy Tanks and Monstrous Creatures since one of my friends plays Chaos Daemons and has a Lord of change and DP...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by TraitorBob View Post
    Well one of my CSM has this little Chaos Star on his Backpack, could I use that as an Icon?
    Well I was planning on using my Terminators to kill/ destroy Tanks and Monstrous Creatures since one of my friends plays Chaos Daemons and has a Lord of change and DP...
    Sure, that would be fine in my eyes.

For tanks, you want meltas, howveer MC fall quicker to combi plasmas. However keep in mind with the LoC your not gonna be able to ignore its save, so you might be better off just rapid firing bolters into it, untill it falls down dead.

Also keep in mind combi plasmas have the same strength as reaper autocannons, so anything you planned to use reaper autocannons to take down you can use combi plasmas for too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be a bit off topic but I am also getting a Terminator Lord and was wondering what is suggested to give him because I was thinking of giving him a Combi-melta and either a Power fist or a Chain Fist and a mark but I have no idea which one...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

281 (x6)

I would personally run him as a sorceror rather than a lord, and deep strike him with the terminators (Taking Wind of Chaos as his psychic power). This would give you 2 flamer templates (HF and WoC), devastating closely bunched enemies.

If you want to take him as a lord i'd give him the MoT and a Daemon weapon, allowing him to atleast fire a decent weapon as he deep strikes. I suppose a combi melta/plasma (I'd go with plasma, perosnally), could work too.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

The Reaper Autocannon is cool and effective (I often used them in the old Codex) but it's now competing for a spot with the Heavy Flamer, which is considerably less expensive and still very effective. For me, there's no contest.. HF all the way.

I run my own variant of the Karmoon special.. I take a Chainfist instead of a Powerfist. For Icons I like Slaanesh, Khorne and Chaos Glory.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was planning on running them with a chainfist, 3 combimeltas and a Reaper Autocannon and give the extra one a HF if I change my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast