Daemonic Possession on Rhinos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Daemonic Possession on Rhinos?

It's only 5 pts more than taking extra armor and is conisiderably more effective, if you don't mind the bolter on the Rhino being BS 3. Does anyone use it? How has it worked out for you?

"Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think extra armor is worth so I would vote no against the DP on a rhino.
    The only time I might is for Berzerkers in a rhino.
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Extra armor reduces stuns to shaken (i.e., rhino can still move but not shoot)
    Daemonic possession ignores both stuns and shaken. (i.e, rhino can still move and shoot).

So, daemonic possession doesn't really add anything else to a rhino, except allow it to fire its combi-bolter.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

A bit pointless really. Rhinos arent really designed for shooting so if you want to upgrade just keep the extra armour. Or save the points and dont upgrade at all and keep them cheap and cheerful.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Extra armor reduces stuns to shaken (i.e., rhino can still move but not shoot)
    Daemonic possession ignores both stuns and shaken. (i.e, rhino can still move and shoot).

So, daemonic possession doesn't really add anything else to a rhino, except allow it to fire its combi-bolter.
    How does this affect the crew on board? If the vehicle is stunned or whatever, can the crew still use the top hatch to fire from?

I never take any upgrades on my rhinos. They are there to get my CSM further across the board, once in a desirable position, I disembark and use the rhino as cover. Sometimes I will play the MSM game, disembarking, firing, then next turn, getting in and getting out of there.

Dan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    How does this affect the crew on board? If the vehicle is stunned or whatever, can the crew still use the top hatch to fire from?
    With either shaken or stunned, a squad on board can't fire from it. However, they can disembark and then fire.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    With either shaken or stunned, a squad on board can't fire from it. However, they can disembark and then fire.
    So perhaps in certain situations then DP could be of use on a vehicle. Say, melta gun armed CSMs inside the rhino VS dreadnaught?

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally only have rhinos because they are cheap way of transporting thousand sons, dp would make them too expensive to be feasable, especially considering how it is likely to just blow up or get wrecked anyway if the penetrate roll is 3+

The amount of fire they soak up can be worth it - 3 twinlinked railgun shots on your rhino or termies, hmm
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't spend points on either. Rhinos are cheap and I like them that way. Move my troops quickly then go annoy somebody once they've disembarked. I think EA or DP are both wasted on what is an easily destroyed vehicle anyway.

The only time I spend more points on Rhinos is to put Havoc launchers on them in my Dual-Lash list. More templates = win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It is handy as it does allow a squad inside a stunned rhino to fire, that in my opinion is the only drawcard for the upgrade.

I personally tend not to bother with them though.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast