which legion to choose??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

which legion to choose???

due to the lack of time my chaos army is unpainted now mith my new years resolution i am starting to get this army moving Altho i have one problem... the army was supposed to be word bearers but i changed my mind ( a year is along time ) now i have my heart set either black legion or iron warriors the question is which to choose? there is another problem could iron warriors have a tzeentchian sorcerer or os that higly unorthodox ????

Last edited by Cyresh; January 7th, 2009 at 06:03.
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Since the Legions are no more, I suggest choosing on the basis of which, in your opinion, has the coolest paint job. The rules these days are vague enough that just about any combination of units is plausible.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

true enough but i usually base my decisions on lore since i like to have a specific feel to my army.... and i wonder if the sorc of tzeentch would be a plausible thing in the lore?
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Honestly, don't do black legion, its way way way way overdone, and the color scheme gets boring!

I painted my Abadon pink, out of spite.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the iron warriors theme.. though went something similar to thousand sons...
    Be nice to your enemies, it will make them madder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Go with which legion's background you prefer more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

the iron warriors seem to appeal to me more but im really set on the tzeentchian sorc as a leader and i dunno if it would go lorewise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't think of a Tzeentch sorc lord when i thought of Iron Warriors, for some reason i see an undecided terminator lord.

I decided who i wanted to play based on their play style, i played Death Guard because of their attitude to fighting and never giving up and then i moved to EC because of their 'supposed' superiority over everyone else.

What is it about the Iron Warriors you enjoy?

Black Legion is much overdone idea but to be honest it's got one of the better paint schemes for looking really good on the field.

i chose EC because i enjoy their fluff and their colour scheme can really be elegant and unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

In the iron warriors i enjoy the overall feel they have... to be more precise i like their bitter and twisted attitide in combination with their wierd technology... I wanted my company of iron warriors based a bit on a dark technomagi theme... chosen and havocs with wierd implants and wierd machines...Also i looove converting so chosen and havocs with implants...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Well, there you go. Use a Tzzentchan sorceror with lots of convered bionics and say he's a manifested Machine Spirit or something. Iron Warriors aren't that opposed to sorcery anyway, they just like to do it by way of machinery instead of worship.

If you like the tech look for your CSMs then you should definitely do Iron Warriors.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast